The GEO Group DETAINEE ACCOUNTS CLERK in Adelanto, California
Creates and maintains financial records of individual inmate accounts. The duties typically include performing routine accounting clerical operations such as examining, verifying, and correcting accounting transactions to ensure completeness and accuracy of data.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Balances assigned accounts on a daily basis.
- Assists with data entry and maintenance of computerized files.
- Collects and counts cash, money orders, or certified checks that has been accepted for inmates and credits the amount to the appropriate inmate account.
- Makes withdrawal transactions on individual inmate accounts for various payments ensuring that expenditures will not exceed obligations in the accounts.
- Works in conjunction with the commissary staff to credit the appropriate inmate account for purchases from the commissary when necessary.
- Develops and submits required reports relative to the facility inmate account system, as well as other reports required. Audits the inmate accounts pursuant to facility and client policy.
- Tracks the intake of new inmates daily to create new inmate accounts.
- Closes inmate accounts prior to the release of an inmate. Assists in the inmate release process as required.
- Places checks on hold, tracks holds, and releases funds when appropriate.
- Restricts inmate accounts when the inmates’ are placed on restrictive status.
- Completes forms to be used by the U.S. Courts which involves computing an average daily balance on an individual account for a six month period.
- May sell meal tickets to staff and balance the meal ticket drawer weekly.
- Responds to incoming telephone calls and takes messages in the absence of management personnel.
- Maintains strict control of all equipment and supplies used in performance of duty especially those items that could be used for illicit purposes. Reports any missing or damaged items immediately to appropriate supervisory staff.
- Assists in maintaining facility security, especially in area of responsibility, and promptly reports any violations or security hazards to appropriate supervisory staff. Provides assistance at other clerical posts as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.