Excelsior College Assessment Technology Application Specialist** in Albany, New York
Excelsior College, a regionally accredited, virtual, private, nonprofit institution of higher learning is seeking dynamic applicants for the position of Assessment Technology Application Specialist in the Center for Educational Measurement.
The Assessment Technology Application Specialist is a project-based temporary (2 year, unless pilot extended), full time position in the Center for Educational Measurement (CEM), responsible for all aspects of application development in support of the unit’s information technology production processes and management systems. This includes application development, testing and maintenance. Additional responsibilities include support for the exam deployment process, maintenance of the unit’s databases, training of unit staff in specific processes and systems, and collaboration with the College’s Office of Information Technology Services (OITS) and representation of the unit’s technical needs at college-wide meetings and committees as necessary. The candidate must develop a broad, in-depth understanding of the production processes within the Assessment Unit and participate in complex production analysis and applications development. The candidate will have experience in data and application integration techniques with expertise in integrating disparate enterprise level systems together to function as a cohesive whole. The ideal candidate will be highly analytical with excellent planning, execution and communications skills.
Work with Director of Assessment technology to define business application requirements.
Assist with the selection of software vendor applications for the department.
Under the direction of the Director of Assessment Technology, integrate internal and external systems as needed for seamless development and delivery of exam products.
Provide application and system support for unit security, product development and product administration needs.
Develop new and enhance existing desktop and web-based applications.
Implement upgrades and bug fixes on existing internal applications.
Assist with technical training and support of staff.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Science, IT or equivalent required.
- BA/BS in IT or computer science or equivalent strongly preferred.
- Five or more years of experience in software design and development required.
- Expert skills developing with Microsoft Visual Studio 2013+, Access, SQL
- Experience working with large, complex systems involving multiple platforms, languages and protocols.
- Familiarity with Learning Tools Interoperability (LTI) and Question and Test Interoperability (QTI) standards.
- Experience with source code management systems such as Git and client-side frameworks such as Angular and jQuery.
- Ability to utilize unit test frameworks such as QUnit.
- Deep understanding of Web application design and integrations over HTTP.
- Working knowledge of Single Sign-On methods such as OAuth
- Strong debugging, tracing, and general troubleshooting abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technology.
If you have problems with online submission, please call 518-464-8532. Thank you.
Note: Screening for this position will start immediately and will remain open thirty days from date of posting.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, salary history, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information at jobs.excelsior.edu/apply-ultipro, or by mail:
Excelsior College Human Resources Office Assessment Technology Application Specialist** 7 Columbia Circle Albany, New York 12203-5159
Closing Date: November 17, 2016