POET Shift Supervisor (Alexandria, IN) in Alexandria, Indiana
The Shift Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of the Plant Technicians or Operators and for creating a positive work environment. Team members in this position strive for maximum efficiency in plant operations and support operations through problem solving, adaptation and working with other departments to correct process problems. The Shift Supervisor plans, directs and coordinates the operations of the biorefinery by implementing changes as necessary. Team members in this position are also responsible for optimizing plant runtime as well as downtime while ensuring a quality end product. POET biorefineries operate on a 24-hour continuous schedule which requires Shift Supervisors to work a 12-hour shift schedule (including, nights, weekends, and holidays) alongside their assigned team. Team member must be available as needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS/COMPETENCIES
To perform the essential functions of this position successfully, an individual should be able to demonstrate and provide the following:
- High school diploma or equivalent required; secondary education preferred.
- Production or operational experience is required; operational background in ethanol production is preferred.
- 3 years of previous supervisory or leadership experience preferred
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite and the ability and willingness to learn new software applications.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills as well as the ability to adapt to change.
POET is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
industrytype: Bio Fuels
careertype: Plant Operations