Kratos Technology & Training Solutions Sr. Sales Engineer in Alexandria, Virginia
The Kratos Networks organization is focused on delivering a common and consistent message featuring the business benefits and technical strengths that the NeuralStar suite has to offer. This includes areas such as Consolidated Operations Management, Network and Business Service Management & Satellite Command and Control capabilities.
The team specializes in bridging the gap between technology and the business it supports. This is accomplished through such activities as: responding to customer and partner RFI/RFP's, client presentations, round table discussions, whiteboard discussions, solution demonstrations and proof of concepts.
We are seeking a Sr. Sales Engineer who will be responsible for Pre-Sales Technical Assistance to the Sales and Marketing organizations as required in addition to Technical Account Management. The Sr. Sales Engineer will perform Technical Presentations and Demonstrations of Kratos Networks products in addition to managing product implementation, training and overall support for customers during the pre-sales process.
*Essential Functions and Responsibilities:*
- Preparation of technical presentation of products that are in line with prospective customer requirements
- Provide Product Architecture overview (chalk talk) and Product Demonstrations
- Support of Sales Account Managers with customer meetings
- Facilitating successful proof-of-concept (evaluation) engagements
- Preparation and production of written customer response RFI (Request For Information) and RFP (Request For Proposal)
- Provide technical liaison for customer/sales/development
- Provide interface between sales and development teams
- Provide support during trade show events
- Conduct proper follow-up on accounts for technical issues related to the sales cycle.
- Utilize time management and planning processes as defined by management in order to fully maximize sales-support effectiveness during the sales process.
- May occasionally be asked to assist with the creation of customer case studies, integration white papers, and other documentation as required for internal and external use.
- Provide feedback to product management and development on product information and share solutions developed in the field.
- Assist with delivery of internally focused training efforts as well as proctoring of the Satellite NMS and Device Management training and exam process.
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum Education level - BS.
- An amount of international and domestic travel will be required. (30%)
- 10 years minimum experience required.
- Candidates must have strong Windows, Linux and Network management skills.
- Must have a working knowledge of Enterprise Management software.
- Satellite NMS and Device Management or equivalent experience would be desirable.
- RF Management and Transport experience also desirable.
- Must be able to present as well as install and configure systems.
- Candidates with programming or scripting background preferred.
- Must be able to complete Proof of Concepts, RFPs, Demos, implementations, etc.
- Candidates should ideally be from a Federal, Enterprise, Satellite, service, systems or network management background with good technical abilities and previous experience as a Sales Engineer.
- The ability to present to and communicate with existing or potential customers at all levels in a professional manner is a prerequisite.
- Must be able to build strong relationships with end users.
- Must have an in depth knowledge of the market place and competition.
- The ability to work to strict deadlines, under pressure.
- Secret Clearance or Higher preferred.
Job Tracking ID: KTTS-16-055
Location: Alexandria, VA
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Date Updated: September 15, 2016
Job Level: Any
Number of Openings: 1
Years of Experience: More than 10 Years
Level of Education: BA/BS
Starting Date: ASAP