Kratos Technology & Training Solutions Systems Administrator in Alexandria, Virginia
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
The Systems Admin is responsible for configuration implementation and maintenance of Windows server platforms.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- The Systems Administrator is responsible for having systems administration skills on Windows server platforms.
- The Systems Administrator will focus on systems and application stability, security, performance, and capacity management, as well as documentation.
- This role is key to the Kratos Defense technical and Operations teams in gathering requirements, design, implement, troubleshoot issues, and provide customer service.
- The role requires creativity, innovation, and high motivation.
- Must be prepared to work in an extremely collaborative and dynamic environment.
- Manages and coordinates the deployment, and expansion of Client Server technologies, monitoring, and refinement, researching solutions to existing problems.
- Provide on-site support to all users in all area offices.
- Prioritize tasks and work independently, yet interacts well within a project-oriented team environment.
- Ability to solve problems quickly and automate processes.
- Documentation of current and future configuration processes and policies.
- Troubleshoot problems with hardware, software, network, and security administration.
- Monitor site stability and performance.
- Experience with Enterprise ticket management systems for problem resolution and evidence capture.
- ITIL Framework experience.
Other Job Functions
- Other duties may be assigned
Experience and Skills:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Ability to interact effectively with peers, supervisors and customers
Ability to interact appropriately with the public when necessary
Ability to adhere to workplace rules
Excellent verbal and written communication to all levels in the organization
Communication of ideas and solutions in a clear and organized manner
Effective project management tools
Construction of concise and complete technical documentation
Expert use of monitoring and troubleshooting utilities to effectively diagnose problems
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Must be able to obtain DOD security clearance
- High School Diploma or equivalent; BA/BS in a related field (preferred)
- Minimum 4-7 years of experience with hardware and software installation and maintenance in a multi-domain multi-site network environment
- Technical certifications: Microsoft / Cisco Windows server administration experience required. Expertise in system installation, configuration, administration, troubleshooting, preventative maintenance, monitoring, and security procedures
- Network hardware and software configuration and troubleshooting including experience with routers, switches, & wireless controllers & AP: Level I/II support
- Application Knowledge (Exchange / Citrix / VMware / SharePoint / IIS) and database (MS SQL) servers expertise including installation, administration, configuration, troubleshooting, preventative maintenance, monitoring, and security procedures
- Understanding of internet standards such as - DNS, SSL, DHCP, SMTP, SNMP, DFS and other protocols
- Hardware systems design and implementation, implementing redundancy and testing failover, etc.
- Microsoft /Cisco/VMware/System Administrative Certificates
- Sharepoint Experience a plus
Linux server administration experience
Job Tracking ID: 85347-221514
Location: Alexandria, VA
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Date Updated: December 06, 2016
Job Level: Any
Years of Experience: Any
Level of Education: Any
Starting Date: ASAP