National Christian Foundation Cash Contributions Specialist I in Alpharetta, Georgia
National Christian Foundation is the preeminent Christian charitable giving ministry, granting over $7 billion to over 40,000 ministries, churches, and charities since 1982. We provide innovative giving solutions for givers, advisors, and ministries. We mobilize resources and inspire biblical generosity so that every person may be reached and restored through the love of Christ. We specialize in helping Christian givers give more and give more wisely through our NCF Giving Fund and our Asset-Based Giving solutions. We combine a faith-based approach and like-minded local presence with the support and expertise of a trusted national organization.
The Cash Contribution Specialist I assists in processing all cash-related contributions. This includes receiving and reviewing all checks, cash, wires, ACH’s, credit cards, and e-checks. The Cash Contribution Specialist I also assists in the timely deposit of physical cash and check contributions; ensures that contributions are posted to the correct donor advised fund according to our service level agreements; and ensures that receipts are issued to donors in a timely manner. The Cash Contribution Specialist I provides caring and professional service to all donors, affiliates, and staff. In addition, the Cash Contribution Specialist I demonstrates willingness to help in solving all cash questions and issues. This person also adheres to all organizational and departmental procedures and policies.
Reports to: Manager of Contribution Services
Management/Supervision: Position will have no direct reports
Duties & Responsibilities
Process Cash Contributions
- Processes cash contributions - including deposits to bank, posting contributions to the correct donor advised funds, and receipting donors.
- Assists in responding to and researching inquiries from donors and staff related to cash contributions and helps solve any problems or exceptional items in a timely manner.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Assumes additional responsibilities and performs special projects as needed or directed.
- Seeks opportunities to improve processes and systems to make contributions processing more efficient.
- Participates in team meetings to report departmental information and to work with other team members to solve problems.
- Performs administrative tasks such as filing documents, issuing receipts, and answering phone calls/emails.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management or equivalent experience.
- Two (2) to three (3) years of experience processing financial transactions or two (2) to three (3) years of experience in customer service.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
- Able to perform duties independently with general supervision.
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division).
- Knowledge of charitable, non-profit, foundation, and/or donor related subject matters a plus.
- Maintains sensitivity concerning business, donor, and affiliate confidential matters.
- High degree of integrity and highly ethical.
- Some knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Able to learn new things quickly.
- Able to follow directions closely.
- Takes personal initiative.
- Able to adapt to a variety of situations and environments.
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Able to communicate properly and effectively, both orally and in writing, with diverse groups of people.
- Able to manage time wisely, including but not limited to organizing work, engaging in a variety of tasks simultaneously and consistently meeting deadlines.
- Able to write reports and business correspondence.
- Very strong attention to detail.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office applications.
Applicants should be sure and read more about NCF’s vision, mission, and beliefs
Keyword: Cash Contributions Specialist I
From: National Christian Foundation