Evans Bank Universal Banker - Floating - Northtowns in Amherst, New York
The primary role of the Universal Banker is to support customers both behind the teller line, along with handling inside sales opportunities within the branch as needed. The Universal Banker will float between the teller line, handling customer transactions behind the line, while also opening new accounts/servicing existing accounts and seeking cross sell opportunities. The Universal Banker will also assist in maintaining the branch’s operational excellence by supporting the Assistant Branch Manager and Head Teller in teller and reporting requirements.
Within Evans branch system the retail staff must demonstrate a strong commitment to the Evans Core Values and Customer Service Standards. Provide superior service and an outstanding banking experience for each customer that is serviced at the branch.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Sales/Referral Responsibilities:*
- Ensures personal sales/referral goals are attained.
- Maintains strong knowledge of Evans Bank products and services to effectively refer product solutions across various business lines and achieve referral goals.
- Manages own book of business.
- Effectively utilizes the sales process through the use of the Sales Pipeline, Evans Rewards, On Boarding process, sales campaigns and call nights.
- Assists customers in the account opening process, the interviewing of customers for loan requests and the closing of loans.
- Works closely with the Assistant Branch Manager to build the internal sales culture at the branch.
- Approaches customer service needs as a high priority to provide customer service based on standards adopted by Bank
- Processes currency accurately and maintains established cash levels throughout the branch.
- Performs financial and service transactions; deposits, withdrawals, sales & redemption of US Savings Bonds, Cashier’s Checks, Money Orders, coin & currency orders, loan payments, Safe deposit entries, performs cash advances, account closings, ATM/Debit card orders, pin # changes, balancing of ATM, maintaining the cash book and completes CTR filings.
- Perform routine customer service functions such as change of address, statements, check book orders
- Adherence to established regulatory requirements, including policies and procedures for processing customer transactions.
- Assists in the overall smooth and efficient operations of the branch.
- Upholds all bank policies, procedures and banking regulations.
- Assists in performing branch audits.
- Assists the branch in receiving a satisfactory audit.
- Provides customer’s access to safe deposit boxes.
- Cross-trained on Assistant Branch Manager and Head Teller duties and responsibilities. Acts in those roles when needed.
- Participates in activities to enhance public awareness of Evans Bank in the community.
- Takes advantage of educational opportunities that exist.
- Has approval authority for official bank checks and internal bank documents within prescribed limits.
- Participates and provides input at staff meetings.
- Adherence to established regulatory requirements.
Required Skills: Skill Requirements Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Strong knowledge of all bank products and services. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Sound decision-making capabilities.
Required Experience: Education/Experience/Certification Associates degree or equivalent experience. 2-4 years of inside/outside sales experience with the proven ability to: Sell/refer products and services to customers and non-customers. Plan, develop and execute on a personal sales plan. Customer Service Excellence
Job Location: Amherst, New York, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Tracking Code: 316-018