Fleet Farm Fleet Driver in Appleton, Wisconsin
Fleet Drivers are responsible for the safe delivery of freight to stores and assisting in returning merchandise, pallets, and cardboard to the Appleton Warehouse or other locations as needed. Fleet Drivers will complete daily inspections of the tractor/trailer. This includes, but not limited to: checking and filling all engine fluids, performing a walk around, fuelling the truck, sliding axles, and checking tires.
Fleet Drivers are responsible to:
- Safely operate fleet tractor/trailer up to the maximum DOT hours of service with allowable rest breaks.
- Be courteous to the motoring public while operating safely and defensively.
- Monitor unloading and loading of goods at the stores or vendors where they live unload and load any products and verify counts and condition of freight.
- Perform all tasks in a timely manner and always use time efficiently.
- Ensure proper counts are taken when picking up freight or merchandise at vendor locations.
- Accurately complete and turn in all proper paperwork.
- Maintain accurate driver’s logs per all State and Federal laws and in accordance with Mills Trucking, LLC policies and procedures.
- Keep all equipment clean and in good operating condition.
- Ensure compliance with all Federal and State Regulations including but not limited to: current vehicle DOT inspection. Physical card is up to date and other registrations are current (i.e. RSPA and IRP Registration).
- Ensure correct bill of ladings are maintained at all times and hazardous materials are properly classified and signed for.
- Work required overtime based upon business needs.
- In the rare circumstance, stay overnight.
Our Commitment to Full-Time Team Members include:
- 10% Team Member Discount
- Competitive pay
- Insurance: Life, Health, Vision & Dental*
- Paid Vacation*
- Profit Sharing and 401(k) Plan*
- Paid Legal Holidays*
- AFLAC Supplemental Insurance*
*Eligibility requirements apply.
Job Requirements for this position are:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Have obtained a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have a minimum of 500,000 miles and 5 years of driving experience.
- Must have a valid CDL.
- Must have a valid Medical Card.
- Hazmat trained or Hazmat Endorsement preferred.
- Must have a clean driving record.
- Must be able to speak, read and comprehend English.
- Must be willing to complete our pre-employment screening which may include a background check, road test, drug test, physical exam, etc.
- Must be self-motivated and be able to work with minimum supervision.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
Physical Requirements for this position are:
- Ability to remain sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to stoop, bend, climb, and lift frequently.
- Ability to regularly lift up to 25lbs. and frequently lifts up to 50 lbs.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or efforts associated with the position.
Requisition Number: 16-1867
Title: Fleet Driver