Fleet Farm Oracle Database Administrator in Appleton, Wisconsin
The Oracle Database Administrator will perform all administrative duties for the Oracle Database servers in support of the Oracle suite of Retail Applications. This includes sizing and installation, proactive daily monitoring and maintenance, troubleshooting, performance tuning, capacity planning, trend analysis, upgrades/migrations, and backup/recovery strategies for all Mills Fleet Farm Oracle databases. The Database Administrator will be responsible for maintaining the high availability, integrity and security of all data within the Oracle environment.
An Oracle Database Administrator is responsible to:
- Provide database administration, monitoring, and performance tuning.
- Develop effective high-level design models using complex spatial data for databases.
- Coordinate design of data integration/sharing with other departments. Develop, lead, or contribute to detail design specifications including file specifications, input sources, system security, backup and recovery, and test criteria.
- Translate, or supervise the translation of logical database designs into physical databases.
- Archive applicable history files.
- Provide all necessary patch applications.
- Provide technical upgrades as necessary.
- Code, unit test, system test, and install high quality software.
- Meet with key users to design and develop business solutions. Perform system requirements definition analysis.
- Design and follow System Development Life Cycles.
- Analyze and document system requirements and perform cost benefit studies on projects.
- Consult with the department to assess project requirements, scope, and objectivity. Decide if an existing system should be modified or a new system developed by analyzing the needs using existing systems, system documentation, the appropriate programming tools, and hardware platform, and business plans of the department.
- Develop project plans, including time and cost estimates and system design specifications to provide a structured and manageable approach.
- Troubleshoot problems being experienced and diligently work them to a successful resolution. Take pro-active steps to mitigate the chance of recurrence.
- Will work a minimum of 40 hours per week, but additional hours may be required as circumstance arise.
Our commitment to Full-Time Team Members include:
- 10% Team Member Discount
- Competitive Pay
- Insurance: Life, Health, Vision & Dental*
- Paid Vacation*
- Profit Sharing and 401(k) Plan*
- Paid Legal Holidays*
- AFLAC Supplemental Insurance*
*Eligibility requirements apply.
Job Requirements for this position are:
- Obtained a high school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- An Associate’s Degree in Information Systems or Computer Science is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience as an Oracle DBA (10G and greater) and 3+ years of administrative experience with the IBM AIX operating system (version 5.3 or greater) is preferred.
- Must have strong experience with server and database sizing, database capacity planning; server, application, and database performance tuning, Data Guard and RAC (Real Application Clusters); administrative support including application patching and installation of software upgrades for the Oracle Suite of Retail products including RMS, SIM, RPM, ReSA, ReIM, RDW, ARI, and RTM. Individual must have additional experience with UC4/Appworx or similar batch processing software; and one or more of the following languages: SQL and PLSQL, JAVA, Perl, XML.C, or Pro*C.
- Must also be knowledgeable with supporting IBM HACMP (High Availability Cluster Multi Processing) configuration; and supporting IBM Logical Partitioning, active memory sharing, and shared CPU pools.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be dependable, honest, efficient, courteous and personable.
- The highest degree of confidentiality is expected for all departmental and Company information.
Physical Requirements for this position are:
- Regularly required to sit, and occasionally required to stand/walk.
- Ability to travel by air or other modes of transportation.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or efforts associated with the position.
Requisition Number: 16-2428
Title: Oracle Database Administrator