Convergys Technical Customer Service Associate in Appleton, Wisconsin
Technical Customer Service Associate
The Technical Support Associate I responds to basic and routine inquiries of a technical nature including hardware/software, or other designated client products. This position assists external users of the client's technical products or services by answering questions and solving problems involved in their use.
Essential Functions/Core Responsibilities
As a Technical Support Professional at Convergys, you'll be assisting people all over the country, providing advice and solving problems. It can be challenging work but you'll be rewarded for helping people quickly and professionally while making them smile.
At Convergys, we offer many benefits including paid training, competitive wages, greater career potential and much more! These are full-time opportunities with a variety of schedules, including nights and weekends. Part-time weekend opportunities may also be available but require an initial 2 weeks of full-time training.
To ensure high customer satisfaction in keeping our clients' products/services running smoothly, our Technical Customer Service Reps respond to a wide array of troubleshooting and support inquiries from customers via phone and email. Will answer questions, offer advice, troubleshoot and resolve routine and non-routine technical issues for our clients' customer service brand.
• Assist external users of the client's technical products or services; identify, investigate, research and provide resolution to user questions and problems
• Troubleshoot basic and routine customer issues that are technical in nature; including hardware, software, networking, or other designated client products
• Follow appropriate escalation path to resolve technical issues; including making follow up outbound calls to customers or other parties as needed
• Solve problems that are generally unstructured and require extensive use of conceptual thinking skills
• Ensure service delivered to our customers meets contractual Key Performance Indicator (‘KPIs’)
• Greet customers in a courteous, friendly, and professional manner using agreed upon procedures
• Listen attentively to customer needs and concerns; demonstrate empathy while maximizing opportunity to build rapport with the customer
• Clarify customer requirements; probe for understanding
• Prepare complete and accurate work including appropriately notating accounts as required
• Participate in activities designed to improve customer satisfaction and business performance
• High school diploma/GED required, Associates or coursework in related technical discipline preferred
• Prior experience in customer service or call center environment
• Solid analytical, technical, problem solving and interpersonal skills
• Strong computer navigation skills and PC Knowledge
• Able to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment, with strong organizational skills
• Courteous with strong customer service orientation
• Ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbally; excellent listening and deductive reasoning skills
• Ability to learn including strong problem solving skills
• Dependable with proficient attention to detail
• Skilled in multi-tasking; including the ability to be flexible and adapt to changes quickly
• Ability to work as a team member, as well as independently with minimal supervision
• Demonstrate patience in all customer contact situations; including maintaining a pleasant and professional tone and manner
• Able to rotate shifts, as needed
• Based on location and/or program, additional experience/skills may be required
*Job requirements may vary by country and will not contravene any local laws
Career Framework Role
Has program required basic skill set to perform routine tasks within simple processes but lacking program/product specific knowledge. Works with close supervision and clearly defined procedures. Starting to demonstrate familiarity with client terminology, operating standards and procedures. Starter without sustained metric performance levels.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel working within this job title.
USA, Appleton, WI
Who We Are
At Convergys, our mission is to set the standard in our industry through unparalleled care for our clients, customers & people.
For our clients, this means our 125,000 team members wake up every day united by a common goal: helping our clients maintain exceptional relationships with their customers.
For our people, this means a commitment to each other to accomplish great things, build careers, and have some fun along the way!
Build Your Career With Convergys
When you become part of our team, you join 125,000 talented people around the world who represent some of today’s leading brands. At Convergys, one of our values is to "Grow As a Team." It's in our DNA to prioritize teamwork and develop our people. By working together, we achieve great things for clients and create opportunities to build rewarding careers. You can be part of that when you join our team. And it's all at your fingertips!
Watch the video below to hear from some of our employees around the world as they talk about what it means to be part of the Convergys team.
Convergys has careers available in 31 countries at 150+ locations.
Establish your career with a company that has locations across the world. You can grow personally and professionally - and make a difference for customers and for the communities where we live and work.