PAE, Inc Chief of Team in Arlington, Virginia
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Chief of Team
CHIEF OF TEAM
Nationality: American National (AN) or Third Country National (TCN)
Base of Operations: Kabul, Afghanistan
Required Clearance: Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT)
DIRECTLY REPORTS TO: Program Implementer
Duties: The Chief of Team (COT) shall be the primary point of coordination for contract activities in country for all sub-tasks. The COT shall interface directly with INL-Kabul and CORs to ensure effective TO management. The COT shall coordinate with the Deputy Chiefs of Team (DCOTs) of each subtask to establish, operate, and maintain necessary support offices in country to provide or coordinate the provision of 24/7 administrative, management, logistical, and other support to personnel. The COT will:
Be the senior advisor on all program matters and thus will require a full depth of understanding of all JSSP activities
Be responsible for the day-to-day operations and management of the team, including arbitrating between different team members and ensuring that the work duties assigned by the COT are being performed
Be the main conduit for frequent communication and interaction with the U.S. Embassy, international community, and the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GIROA)
Supervise the evaluation and the performance of all U.S. advisors, Afghan Legal Consultants and Interpreters
Be responsible for oversight of all program reporting to include the weekly report to be sent to INL/Kabul and INL/AP
Oversee the Deputy Chief of Team –Advisors’ (DCOT-A) and the Deputy Chief of Team-Operations (DCOT-O)
Coordinate with INL and HQ
Conduct and document the end use monitoring of all durable government funded equipment or foreign aid provided to Afghan justice institutions
Have overall responsibility for implementation of the Work Plan, the performance management plan, and maintaining the PROplan
File reports for JSSP activities and accomplishments on a weekly, quarterly, and annual basis
Work with the U.S. Embassy to identify staffing issues, develop plans to correct problems, and to initiate changes at the direction of the Embassy
Assist in identifying and screening candidates for the JSSP.
• A minimum of 8 years of experience in senior management roles that included strategic planning, program management, resource management and budgeting.
• A minimum of seven years of experience in rule of law development.
• A minimum of four years of experience in personnel management.
• A minimum of two years of experience in managing complex, international programs of comparable scope to JSSP.
• The candidate should demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the formal Afghan Justice system, with a particular emphasis on the coordination and interaction of the Afghan justice ministries.
• A juris doctor or master’s degree from an accredited institution. Juris doctor degree is preferred.
• Willingness to endure austere living conditions and the inherent danger of living and working in Afghanistan, including possibly living in tents, double bunks, dry hooches, etc.
• The ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment. In addition, he or she must be flexible, willing to perform other duties and work irregular hours.
• The COT must be able to cite past professional or personal experience that demonstrates an ability to work creatively and effectively in stressful situations while maintaining a positive attitude.
• The COT must have experience developing positive, professional relationships with clients, colleagues, or business partners. Interpersonal and leadership skills are tremendously important as they ensure that the COT can work as an effective leader of the team , forge successful partnerships with Afghan government officials, and set a positive, motivating and constructive tone for JSSP staff. Superior interpersonal skills shall be understood to include the ability to interact and lead in a constructive, cooperative, and harmonious manner; to work effectively as a team player; to establish positive relationships and gain the confidence of others. The Contractor shall request information from references regarding the prospective applicant’s interpersonal and leadership skills in the course of his/her previous jobs and shall evaluate the candidate’s interpersonal skills during the interview process.
• The COT must demonstrate the highest caliber communication skills, including oral briefing abilities, and the ability to draft clear, precise written statements. Oral briefing and writing skills are critical in ensuring that the COT is capable of communicating relevant events and necessary action items. To that end, the Contractor shall require a writing sample from COT candidates to aid the Contractor and INL in assessing whether proposed personnel meet the minimum qualifications. The Contractor shall devise and implement a systematic approach for assessing the candidate to ensure they have strong writing and oral briefing skills. The Contractor shall describe the approach in the technical proposal.
• The COT shall have strong personal references and no unexplained departures from overseas assignments.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. PAE’s hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK at http://www.jobs.net/jobs/pae/join
PAE is a leading provider of enduring support for the essential missions of the U.S. government, its allied partners and international organizations. With over 60 years of experience, PAE supports the execution of complex and critical missions by providing global logistics and stability operations, technical services and national security solutions to customers around the world. PAE has a workforce of approximately 15,000 people in over 60 countries on all seven continents and is headquartered in Arlington, VA.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), should you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a currently open position with PAE, please call Recruiting at (703) 656-6064 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with "Disability Assistance" in the subject line.