Softworld Desktop Technician-ERT in Arlington, Virginia
- Email a Friend
Apply to this job >
October 11, 2016
Softworld, Inc. is working with their client who is looking for a Desktop Technician that will provide Desktop support at field locations and customer sites in Louisville, KY. The required day to day responsibilities and experience are as follows:
Basic Job Function:
• Involved with the repair of equipment and components at field locations and customer sites.
• Provides routine to moderately complex support. Installs, operates, tests, troubleshoots, maintains, repairs and modifies equipment.
• Performs a variety of maintenance and technical support on products such as equipment, integrated systems and subsystems, and software at customer and/or field locations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide on-site technical support for software and hardware installs, hardware moves, add or changes of hardware/software for the end-user community.
• Address Incident tickets to include break/fix issues. Provide basic telephone support.
• Provide mobile device support to include iPhone/ iPad/Blackberry/ Droid.
• Resolve printer issues namely toner replacement, paper jams and printer maintenance.
• Update asset inventory via ticketing system database. Working knowledge and experience with Active directory.
• Utilize Remote application software to provide service to both on-site and off-site users.
• Proficient in MS Office products including Lync/Skype for Business
• Proficient with a variety of MS Operating Systems: Win8, Win7, WinXP Troubleshooting skills for applications running on MS Windows based platforms (office, browsers, printers, etc)
• Basic understanding of networks
• Experience with Microsoft AD
• Knowledge in Asset Management
• Excellent customer service skills Excellent communication skills – oral and written
• Ability to work well with others in a team environment
• Adheres to standards as defined in Standard Operating Procedures
• Mobile device support, Blackberry, iPhone and Android devices
• Knowledge of Cisco VoIP phones
• Knowledge of Remedy system