PAE, Inc Special Advisor (Classification and Records) in Arlington, Virginia
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Special Advisor (Classification and Records)
This position is a Pipeline position that is contingent upon availability and is located in Afghanistan.
• Assist GDPDC in understanding the need for, and creating realistic, sustainable infrastructure
• Maintain prisoner and inmate records, and ensure the GDPDC is prepared to assume responsibility for the Case Management System
• Consistently, accurately, and objectively classify prisoners according to their individual risks and needs.
• Advise and mentor GDPDC records and classification components
• Partner with Court Communications Director to foster an environment and build administrative capacity for sustainable scientifically objective prisoner classification and record-keeping system
• Recognize and encourage the integral relationship classification and records have with promoting alternatives to incarceration, such as early release, drug treatment, community corrections, and other programs
• Stress the importance of classification in countering violent extremism via population management, particularly with regard to separating radical and non-radical inmates in order to prevent recruitment
• Encourage the GDPDC to implement existing provisions for early release based on age and sentence, as well as maximizing the effectiveness of presidential pardons
• Work with the GDPDC to develop plans and procedures for alternatives to incarceration
• Assist in developing a succession plan and encourage interest in future generations of records and classification leadership.
• Work with GDPDC executives to develop tools to evaluate and select junior GDPDC personnel with leadership potential to make up the next generation of mentees.
• Promote gender parity and promotion within the Office of Records and Classification
• Must be able to possess/maintain an MRPT certification
• Minimum 2 years of corrections experience at the management level, with regional or state-level oversight over multiple institutions, field operations, and/or special units
• Minimum 3 years of corrections experience at the associate/deputy warden level, or equivalent.
• Minimum 12 years of experience in corrections, at least two of which must have been in a senior leadership role in the discipline for which the mentor will be advising (e.g., classification and records, training, etc.)
• A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university plus demonstration of continuing education in the discipline for which the advisor will mentor (e.g., certificate program, special courses, etc.)
An Equal Opportunity Employer. PAE’s hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK at http://www.jobs.net/jobs/pae/join
PAE is a leading provider of enduring support for the essential missions of the U.S. government, its allied partners and international organizations. With over 60 years of experience, PAE supports the execution of complex and critical missions by providing global logistics and stability operations, technical services and national security solutions to customers around the world. PAE has a workforce of approximately 15,000 people in over 60 countries on all seven continents and is headquartered in Arlington, VA.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), should you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a currently open position with PAE, please call Recruiting at (703) 656-6064 or email email@example.com with "Disability Assistance" in the subject line.