Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration Physician - Primary Care in Astoria, Oregon
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
9 vacancies in the following locations:
- Astoria, OR
- Bend, OR
- Fairview, OR
- Hillsboro, OR
- Portland, OR More Locations (3)
Work Schedule is Full Time - Excepted Service Permanent
Opened Saturday 6/18/2016 (130 day(s) ago)
** Closes Saturday 12/31/2016 (66 day(s) away)
Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): 1732001
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for those who shall have borne the battle, and their survivors and families" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply. The health related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority.
The incumbent serves as a clinic patient advocate by answering patient inquiries and resolving patient concerns at a local level. He/she acts as patient advocate to assure appropriateness and quality and acts as a patient guide and advocate, assisting the patient in seeking information, assuring that the patient has the opportunity for informed consent for treatment decisions, and promoting our core I CARE values: to act with Integrity and Commitment, to Advocate for Veterans, to show Respect to all, and to pursue Excellence.
This announcement is open to the following locations; however, there may not be vacant positions at each location at the time of application. Applicants may be considered for clinic locations as vacancies arise.
Astoria, OR Bend, OR Fairview, OR Hillsboro, OR Portland, OR Salem, OR Vancouver, WA West Linn, OR
The Primary Care Staff Physician has responsibility for providing primary care to a defined panel of primary care patients. The incumbent is responsible to contribute to the achievement of quality of care standards, efficiency, process improvement and patient satisfaction within the Primary Care Division, in particular to the incumbent's assigned panel of Primary Care patients. The incumbent is expected to practice in accordance with professional standards, core values, and with a commitment to service excellence.
Work Schedule: The selected candidate will work Monday Friday, from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., with on-call duties required (evenings/weekends), as necessary.
A recruitment or relocation incentive may be authorized for this position.
- Not Required
- Must pass pre-employment examination.
- Designated and/or Random Drug Testing required.
- Background and/or Security Investigation required.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
Basic Requirements*: *
- U.S. citizenship. Non-citizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in allopathic medicine or osteopathic medicine. Degree must have been obtained from an institution whose accreditation was in place for the year in which the course of study was completed. Approved schools are: (1) Schools of medicine accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) for the year in which the degree was granted, or (2) Schools of osteopathic medicine approved by the Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation (COCA) of the American Osteopathic Association for the year in which the degree was granted. (3) For foreign medical graduates not covered in (1) or (2) above, facility officials must verify with the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) that the applicant has met requirements for certification, and must obtain a copy of the ECFMG certificate, if claimed by the applicant.
- Residency training or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification. (NOTE: VA Physicians involved in academic training programs may be required to be board certified for faculty status.) Approved residencies are: (1) Those approved by the accrediting bodies for graduate medical education, the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) or American Osteopathic Association (AOA), in the list published for the year the residency was completed, or (2) Other residencies or their equivalents which the local Professional Standards Board determines to have provided an applicant with appropriate professional training.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- English language proficiency.
Note*:* Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education.
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary, however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, carrying of light items such as papers, books, small parts, or driving an automobile, etc. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
What To Expect Next
After we receive your complete application package (including all required documents), your qualifications will be reviewed and assigned an initial rating. We will also review your application to make sure that your résumé supports the answers given in the questionnaire. If your résumé does not support your questionnaire answers, we will adjust your rating accordingly. Based on your ranking or numerical score, you may be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview. You will be notified when your rating is determined.
VA offers a comprehensive benefits package. This link provides is an overview of the benefits currently offered: http://www.vacareers.va.gov/why-choose-va/benefits/index.asp.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
Salary Range: $100,957.00 to $215,000.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: VM-0602-00/00
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: United States Citizens
Control Number: 442224200
Job Announcement Number: VS-16-BPA-1732001-BU