SunGard Operations Manager in Atlanta, Georgia
Job ID #:1607418
Position Type:Full-Time Regular
Primary Location:US-Georgia-Atlanta 1100 Abernathy Road-3974
Education Desired:High School Diploma or equivalent
Experience Desired:At least 5 years
Email a FriendSaveSaveApply Now
Responsible for the daily operations of processing functions and maintenance of the processing infrastructure. Ensures service level agreements are met in support of clients' and company's mission-critical business requirements.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Manages the processing environment to protect the production systems critical to the success of the business.
· Delivers an operations environment that meets all service level agreements (e.g., 24/7 availability, response time parameters, etc.) and availability targets.
· Develops and recommends tactical and strategic plans for processing operations.
· Selects, trains, develops and leads an efficient and effective processing team.
· Identifies and recommends cost-saving and continuous improvement initiatives within the processing area.
· Ensures all backup and recovery and disaster recovery processes will meet or exceed business requirements.
· Develops and implements team standards and procedures that support departmental standards and procedures.
· Develops and executes project plans, budgets, and schedules for documentation of work and results.
· Develops, manages, and forecasts the budgets for the relevant cost centers.
· Other related duties assigned as needed
Bachelor's degree from a four year college or university in a related field or equivalent work experience however required.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Knowledge of all processing phases
· Knowledge of processing administration and processing activities and controls
· Knowledge of company's products and systems
· Proficiency in client communication and escalation management
· Knowledge of project management methods and techniques
· Proficiency to supervise, lead and manage effectively staff members
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various s levels in the organization (e.g. executive, management, individual contributors)
· Excellent problem solving, team and time management skills managing multiple deadlines for self and others
· Proficiency in evaluating the performance capabilities of subordinates as well as counsel subordinates in development and/or corrective discipline
· Proficiency in making projections of future expenses based on analysis of cost effectiveness of past expenditures
· Proficiency to operate independently
Intermediate professional role. Moderate skills with high level of proficiency. Has full understanding of all operations processing policies and procedures. Works on one or more projects as a team member or occasionally as a project lead. Coaches staff. Works under general supervision with latitude for independent judgment. May consult with senior peers on certain projects. Typically requires six (6) or more years of experience and up to one (1) year of leadership responsibility; or equivalent combination of education and experience in an operations processing organization.
FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. FIS empowers the financial world with software, services, consulting and outsourcing solutions focused on retail and institutional banking, payments, asset and wealth management, risk and compliance, trade enablement, transaction processing and record-keeping. FIS’ more than 55,000 worldwide employees are passionate about moving our clients’ business forward. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here:www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdfand here:www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA_508c.pdf
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply.
If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check)
ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.