BASF Process Engineer/Specialist in Attapulgus, Georgia
At BASF,we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
We are seeking a Process Engineer/Specialist for our BASF Attapulgus, GA that manufactures catalyst for the global refining industry.The Process Engineer/Specialist will provide process optimization, troubleshooting and technical support for Fluid Cracking Catalyst manufacturing.
You will manage and execute projects on a small scope in the lab and plant scales. You will conduct and participate in all phases of plant trial execution including planning, setup, execution, data generation, data analysis and communication of results. You will perform a wide variety of lab simulations of plant processes with no supervision to expand the current level of process and product technology.
You will act as an individual contributor and as a technical liaison and support multiple projects, contributing to the development of new products and provide technical support to the existing product lines, including troubleshooting and process optimization. In addition, you will increase knowledge and understanding of products, testing methods, applications, and installation techniques as well as support the development of new products and processes during trials at the three CCR manufacturing sites.
Formula for Success: You Will…
- Address EHS requirements at BASF and other sites outside the company for direct project support maintaining BASF standards.
- Follow company-established Safety, Health and Environmental policies and procedures.
- Perform a wide variety of Lab processing, experimentation, and analytics to expand the current level of process and product technology.
- Complete a wide range of physical, analytical, and performance product testing, for legacy and proprietary materials and processes.
- Work on the lab scale development of new testing procedures as required for project assignments.
- Document results from work completed in various forms including maintaining a lab notebook, generating quarterly reports and presentations for project update meetings
- Plan and support Manufacturing trials at the three CCR sites to support project progress. Document work for all phases of trials as needed to coordinate efforts of the project team
- Identify quality and productivity improvements and communicate findings, ideas and problem solving approach. Act as champion for implementation when needed.
- Prepare samples using established lab scale process simulations.
- Convert WIP samples to finished FCC products in the laboratory
- Communicate technical information, through reports, spreadsheets and memos as needed.
- Perform technology demonstrations and/or field evaluations with limited guidance.
- Keep accurate and precise records of data and observations in project files and the secure databases.
- Implement and/or ensure adherence to 5S or related program.
- Approximately 10% travel within the three CCR manufacturing sites. Other travel as needed to support project requirements. Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You… Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
- BS in Chemical Engineering with 3 years of experience or 15 years’ experience in minerals, kaolin processing, or catalyst processing industry will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Demonstrated process troubleshooting and optimization as well as running plant-scale trials.
- Strong technicalbackground and familiarity with experimental design.
- Demonstrated track record ofworking in a team environment and the ability to lead a team.
- Strong technical/problem-solving aptitude, data driven with the ability to identify trends and abnormalities in data.
- Display initiative, a drive for results, and can solve complex problems by identifying and enrolling appropriate resources and can use individual creativity & innovation rapidly.
- Demonstrated experiencein unit operation and process evaluation/testing in a plant environment desired
- Previousbackground in inorganic chemistry, material science, ceramics, ion exchange, calcination and prior catalyst manufacturing experience is a plus
Job: ENGI - Engineering & Technical Service
Organization: G-CCP-Process Catalysts
Title: Process Engineer/Specialist
Requisition ID: 1603434