Gensler Architecture/Interior Design Intern - Summer 2016 in Austin, Texas
Architecture/Interior Design Intern - Summer 2016
Careers Site Location:Austin, TX, US
Gensler is a leading architecture, design and planning firm with 5000+ Staff in 46 locations worldwide. Our work reflects an enduring commitment to sustainability and the belief that design is one of the most powerful strategic tools for securing lasting competitive advantage.
Gensler’s office in Austin, TX is seeking summer interns to join the team. We offer our interns an exciting opportunity to work on design projects as fully collaborative members of our design teams. In addition to hands-on learning, our interns will experience educational sessions and mentorship opportunities that include sustainable design, project tours and vendor visits to provide maximum exposure to the design profession. As we are committed to continuing education and career advancement, IDP/NCIDQ support will be offered for those who submit applications. All Gensler offices are active corporate partners with the city, serving the community around them. Interns will have the opportunity to participate in events and initiatives that support the city.
This is a full time, paid internship.
Candidates must meet the following criteria to be considered:
• Full-time enrollment in an Accredited Architecture or Interior Design Program.
• Must be a student expected to graduate within one year of summer internship.
• Have demonstrated innovative design solutions with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Experience putting together a set of construction documents a plus.
• Strong 3-D computer rendering skills (SketchUp, 3D Max, Rhino 3D, etc).
• Capable skills with presentation software such as InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
• Collaborative work skills.
• Strong proficiency in CAD or BIM, Revit training/experience a plus.
• Hand sketching ability a plus.
Only online applications with portfolios will be accepted.
All submissions are due by Friday, November 18th 2016.
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, disables and veterans are encouraged to apply.