Allergan Associate Director, Inside Sales in Austin, Texas
Associate Director, Inside Sales
Austin, Texas, United States at http://agn.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/636/other-jobs-matching/location-only
Sep 26, 2016Post Date
Allergan plc (NYSE: AGN) is a bold, global pharmaceutical company and a leader in a new industry model – Growth Pharma. Allergan is focused on developing, manufacturing and commercializing branded pharmaceuticals and biologic products for patients around the world.
Allergan markets a portfolio of best-in-class products that provide novel treatments for the central nervous system, eye care, medical aesthetics and dermatology, gastroenterology, women's health, urology, anti-infective and cardiovascular therapeutic categories. With commercial operations in approximately 100 countries, Allergan is committed to working with physicians, healthcare providers and patients to deliver innovative and meaningful treatments that help people around the world live longer, healthier lives.
Our success is powered by our world-class team’s commitment to being Bold for Life. Together, we build bridges, power ideas, act fast and drive results for our customers and patients around the world by always doing what it is right.
Join one of the world’s fastest growing pharmaceutical companies!
At Allergan you will have the opportunity to thrive in a fast-paced, strategic environment where bold, innovative thinking isn’t just welcomed, it’s encouraged. Across all functions, we relish the opportunity to help our people fulfill their potential. Our rapid growth strategy means plenty of opportunities to step into the spotlight.
Our Austin based outbound call center is need of a dynamic leader who has a deep knowledge of call center operations and pharmaceutical field sales. The candidate must be equally strong at providing ongoing guidance and mentoring to a team of highly dedicated personnel as they are with pursuing operational and strategic excellence by way of identifying best practices, documenting process, on-going development of team and measurements of success.
The candidate must effectively integrate with, communicate, and provide guidance to a team of high energy sales representatives,, operationally focused teams, strategic thinkers, from a variety of disciplines.
The Associate Director, will be knowledgeable about the pharmaceutical landscape and have experience with the outside sales process; will provide ongoing consultation and support across call center team leadership, Marketing Operations, field sales, and be the liaison to multiple Allergan departments. Goals will include creation of best practices, solving business issues, mentoring Austin based leadership and team, and positioning call center representatives to offer business value to field sales.
Through enthusiastic leadership, the person will ensure call center mission and metrics of success are aligned with organizational sales goals; attend and participate in leadership meetings for goal setting, performance management, and alignment of call center with overall organizational planning.
Core duties include:
Autonomous management of 10 Austin-based call center personnel and 3 Med/Derm reps on a daily basis
• Communicate and partner with Field Sales, Sales Training, and Marketing Operations
• Become integral member of core team, proactively provide ideas, strategic direction and input on new programs
• Identifying best practices, designed to eliminate obstacles that may inhibit reaching of established goals and expectations, distilling them into manageable actions to establish universal adoption and adherence
• Creating and facilitating ongoing quality assurance activities to support engagement best practices
• Lead professional developmental opportunities of call center team, mentor, and provide leadership on a daily basis
• Partner with training resources to organize and edit materials to establish and formalize training curriculum to support different career phases
• Promote excellence within team, providing vision and motivation by example
Responsibility categories include leadership, operational, and strategic:
• Qualified candidates must be accustomed to working autonomously and lead the team to deliver results
• Attend leadership meetings for goal setting, performance management, and alignment of call center with overall organizational planning
o Act as liaison between call center, Sales, Sales Training, Marketing Operations, as well as interdependent Allergan departments
o Continually update short term and long term objectives / strategies
• Initiate development and performance management guidelines, including appraisals, one-on-ones, coaching, training, and development
• Create performance monitoring and improvement program to identify high / underperformers
o Measure against approved metrics to ensure team optimization, job specifications are met, deliverables completed on time, quality is maintained
o Initiate personnel improvement planning to identify and provide opportunity for underperforming reps
• Develop roles and responsibilities documentation illustrating core interactions
o Call center personnel and Med/Derm reps
o Interdependent departments and people
• Finalize and socialize goals / metrics, create measurement plan supported by ongoing analysis of reporting
• Establish and facilitate team status meetings with clearly defined goals Act with a high level of integrity in all interactions.
• Execute and Enable reps according to the TeleService PlayBook of consolidated, approved ‘best practices,’ including but not limited to
o Daily activity, goals, metrics across call center and Med/Derm reps
o Expedient usage of Veeva and other core tools
o Program design and adherence standards
o Quality Assurance and performance monitoring
o Coach reps according to training standards and pathway to excellence
o Evaluation of reporting methodology, usage, and method for ongoing analysis
o Universal SOPs, including all activity reflecting daily Quality Assurance and Excellence
• Identify issues, script gaps, FAQ requirements, and any item impacting effectiveness of ongoing outbound calls
o implement corrective actions
o Method to identify and document gaps, implemented across entire team
• Formalize process to identify script and FAQ gaps for expedient resolution
o Initiate Flash Training process
o Call dispositioning business rules
• Attend all necessary Allergan status meetings to supply updates regarding the Teleservice team to Operations, Marketing, and field sales
• Ensure all activities across all brands are delivered in a manner that meets our Compliance Guidelines.
• Lead contact development strategy for call center personnel and Med/Derm reps
o Lead script design and development based on analysis of ongoing metrics
o Proactively assess and present methods to increase effectiveness of call flows
o Using captured data and direct rep input, edit scripts based on program effectiveness and metrics
• Work with Field Sales and Marketing Operations to review and assess marketing goals
o Identify, document, and present ad-hoc changes to outbound calling strategy
o Assess call volume projections against actuals to determine appropriate staffing levels
• Analyze reporting, provide monthly/quarterly dashboards
o Prepare monthly brand dashboard of call center network activity offering insights and strategic direction
o Lead calibration sessions to ensure best practices adherence and protocols to build HCP relationships