CloudFlare Platform Operations Engineer in Austin, Texas
Platform Operations Engineer
We are looking for an outstanding Platform Operations Engineer to join our Platform Operations team. This team of talented engineers shapes the very way Cloudflare delivers it services, providing the operational platform upon which we deliver services to our customers. Here at Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to build a better Web. We believe that with our talented team, smart technology, and engaged users, we can solve some of the biggest problems on the Web. Just how big?
• We handle more than 10% of the world’s Internet traffic
• We have over 8 Tbps of network transit capacity
• We serve more web traffic than Twitter, Amazon, Apple, Instagram, Bing, & Wikipedia combined
• Anytime we push code, it immediately affects over 200 million web surfers
• Every day, more than 10,000 new customers sign-up for CloudFlare service
• Every week, the average Internet user touches us more than 500 times
• We serve data from over 100 data centers around the world
In this role, you will work with a team with diverse backgrounds, but everyone will have experience operating production environments at-scale, and be domain knowledge experts in operations best-practices. Many of the engineers on this team have software-development backgrounds. However, our Platform Operations team is not just a ‘DevOps’ group; this team builds fault-tolerant, highly automated and resilient services.
You thrive in a fast-paced iterative engineering environment and have experience delivering scalable distributed systems. You are comfortable switching between “builder” and “operator” paradigms, and routinely reconcile discrepancies between the two via automation. Most importantly, you will have a track record of building outstanding systems and software.
• Hands-on experience building production platform environments.
• Experience developing software in Go, Python or C/C++
• Experience developing complicated, enterprise-grade software projects
• Direct experience building and managing distributed systems
• Strong knowledge of core Internet protocols (e.g. HTTP, DNS)
• Strong knowledge of databases, web performance, and web security
• Extremely knowledgeable about infrastructure environments and thrive on building and expanding capacity
• Agile experience in an infrastructure environment is not required, but an understanding of agile and an ability to think agile is required
• Formal computer science background (BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent)
• Practical experiencing deploying and managing internetworking equipment, including switches, routers and firewalls
• Practical knowledge of Internet transit, including BGP and AnyCast
We offer competitive salaries, equity, fantastic health benefits plan, a new laptop, and the opportunity to work with a smart, motivated team where you will see your contribution daily. We also have offices in San Francisco, London, and Singapore.
CloudFlare is a security company. All prospective employees will be subject to an extensive background check. We care deeply about making tech a more inclusive and diverse place. CloudFlare is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.