HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registrar (PRN) Heart Hospital of Austin Medical Center in Austin, Texas
Parallon pioneered the modern-day concept of healthcare shared services more than 12 years ago, perfecting revenue cycle management best practices and customizable technologies for the industry’s largest healthcare provider in 700 facilities and 1000 physician practices. Today, our team of more than 13,000 revenue cycle professionals applies unmatched expertise, scale and proven processes daily to improve financial performance and long-term sustainability at facilities nationwide.
Interviews patients or their representatives, and enters accurate information onto appropriate forms and into the computer system. Collects appropriate co-payments, and obtains signatures and escorts patients to destination if required.
DUTIESINCLUDEBUTARENOTLIMITEDTO: · Interviewpatientsatworkstationoratbedsidetoobtainallnecessaryaccountinformation. · Bed-sideregistrationperformedutilizingcarts/computersonwheels · Ensurechartsarecompletedandaccurate · Verifyallinsuranceandobtainpre-certification/authorization · Calculateandcollectpatientliableamounts · Ensurethatallnecessarysignaturesareobtainedfortreatments · Answeranyquestionsandexplainspoliciesclearly · Processpatientchartsaccordingtopaperworkflowneedsandestablishedproductivitystandards · Welcomepatientandfamilymembersinaprofessionalmanner.Contactthenursingstaffforemergencymedicalneedsandanswerpatientandvisitorquestions · Interviewincomingpatients,his/herrelatives,orotherresponsibleindividualstoobtainidentifyingandbiographical informationwithinsuranceandfinancialinformation · AssignI-plansaccuratelyandresearchPatientVisitHistorytocomplywiththeMedicare72hourrule • Other duties as assigned
Required Job Qualifications include:
· Must be able to work a flexible shift, including nights, weekends, and holidays**
· Must demonstrate proficiency in basic computer skills for data entry; typing skills required
· Must possess effective professional interpersonal skills able to communicate effectively on the phone, in person and in writing with patients, patient's parents, visitors, employees and providers.
· Demonstrated history of excellent service skills as exhibited by courtesy, cooperative spirit and tact when interacting with employees, patients and visitors.
· Able to work as a member of a team.
· Able to perform more than one work related task simultaneously.
· Able to sit for long periods of time, stand, lift up to 25 pounds, use a keyboard, headset, reach, and perform fine motor tasks such as writing and filing
· Must perform basic mathematic calculations, balance and reconcile figures
· ·Must be punctual and dependable with a willingness to learn new tasks and incorporate them into daily routine.
· 1-year experience in a health care setting or position as receptionist or cashier with high volume personal contact with the public is highly desirable.
· Able to attend two weeks paid training Monday- Friday, 8-5pm approximately
· Must have reliable transportation*
*PRN Registrar with minimum requirement to work 40 hours per schedule (schedules are 4 week periods), 4 holidays per year, and 6 weekends on call per year*
Parallon is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE),**Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, and competitive compensation.
Lack of information can delay the application process, and therefore applicants should be thorough in completing the online application.
South Austin 1- 3 years experience patient registration or 3-5 years customer service preferably in a position as receptionist or cashier with high volume personal contact with the public is highly desirable.
Title: Registrar (PRN) Heart Hospital of Austin Medical Center
Location: Texas-Austin-St. David%27s Medical Center
Requisition ID: 08949-124109