Tastemade Web Developer in Austin, Texas
Tastemade is connecting the world through video!
Who are we?
Would you consider yourself a food & travel lover? Do you get excited about bringing people together over a great meal? Does the idea of working at a company that is at the forefront of game changing media and technology make you giddy? If you answered yes to all of these questions, then keep reading!
Tastemade is a community of food & travel lovers on a mission to connect the world through video. We are passionate about creating and distributing high quality, engaging and shareable food, travel, and lifestyle themed content all over the world. We tell stories. We entertain. We are the food & travel destination for the millennial audience.
We are looking for passionate people who want to change the world and make a difference. People that are driven to disrupt the status quo and not looking for just another job.
Who you are:
• Have a deep understanding of HTML5 & CSS3 and have experience building responsive sites
• Have experience with things like: React.js, Node.js, Backbone.js, Async.js, etc
• Extensive use of APIs and understanding of HTTP and REST architecture
• Experience with Node.js or similar server-side development frameworks
• Have worked with document oriented databases like MongoDB, CouchDB or Cassandra
What you’ll do:
• Build out modern, single-page-apps used by people all over the world
• Work closely with the design team and platform team to deliver polished pages and amazing new features
• Collaborate with the native iOS and Android teams to bring app features to the web
• Experience in a startup or just enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
• You've perfected your own BBQ sauce recipe
• Competitive salary
• Stock options
• Flexible vacation days and 11 Paid Holidays
• Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life EAP and 401K benefits
• Apple iMac, MacBook or equivalent hardware
• A stellar work environment – fun, casual, and fast paced
• Cool East-Austin office with parking
• Unlimited snacks and drinks. We’re currently hot on a coconut bar & grass-fed beef jerky kick, but we take requests
• Colleagues who are fellow food & travel lovers!