T. Rowe Price Asset Allocation Analyst in Baltimore, Maryland
Our mission as a leading investment management firm is to help our clients achieve their long-term financial goals. We believe our associates are the key to this mission and we are always looking for talented individuals who share our commitment to our client’s success.If you’re looking for challenging work experiences and the ability to learn in a collaborative culture, we invite you to explore the opportunities available at T. Rowe Price.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
This position works integrally with the Asset Allocation portfolio managers across multiple aspects of portfolio management and product support associated with existing strategies and expected growth in customized multi-asset solutions. The Asset Allocation Analyst would partner with Portfolio Managers in developing research and proposals for institutional clients & prospects in the U.S. and international markets. This position will also facilitate the development of Asset Allocation Committee related analysis and the ongoing integration of higher level investment information content.
Ongoing asset allocation analyst responsibilities shall include:
· Develop analysis in support of client and prospect portfolio design and discussion
· Coordinate communications for client portfolios, due diligence materials, RFP responses, and bespoke client inquiries
· Prepare key Asset Allocation Committee related communications (Asset Allocation Viewpoints)
· Review and communicate rationale behind portfolio positioning and drivers of performance within portfolios
· Provide summary interpretation of performance attribution and risk analysis
· Provide peer group analysis highlighting strategic design differences and trends in positioning and performance
· Synthesize analysis for discussion with clients supporting strategic portfolio enhancements and innovations representing Asset Allocation team’s best practices (e.g. introduction of Real Assets Fund, managed volatility, case for alternative strategies)
- Portfolio Management
· Provide support to Portfolio Manager for AA Target Allocation Portfolios and Separate Accounts (38 accounts/$40 billion AUM)
· Cultivate ongoing understanding of financial markets, instruments, and T. Rowe Price funds/strategies along with associated implications for Asset Allocation (AA) portfolios
- Custom Asset Allocation Analysis
· Conceptualize and execute custom client portfolio requests in close coordination with AA Research team, AA Solutions team, and AA Investment Analysts
- Market Analysis
· Maintain strong understanding of key market themes and associated viewpoints and analysis from both internal and external sources
· Coordinate agenda and analysis for Weekly AA Investment Strategy meeting
· Develop analysis supporting the Asset Allocation Committee
· Synthesize and summarize investment research from external Broker resources and T. Rowe Price investment strategy pieces
· Work with AA Research Analyst team and external Broker research teams to coordinate analysis on special topics
- Client Communications and Presentations
· Serve as a key point of contact to client service teams across distribution channels
· Develop presentation materials in close coordination with Asset Allocation and firm resources (AA liaisons, ICM, Portfolio Analysts, Legal)
· Leverage content produced for other applications & contribute original content for use by others
· As proficiency develops, represent TROW AA products before clients and consultants as part of the investment team for these products
· MBA or Masters degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field.
· 5+ years of experience in the financial services industry; ideally in a client facing role.
· Experience with Asset Allocation products and related concepts
· Completion of or progress towards CFA or comparable designation or a commitment to obtain the CFA charter in the future.
· A self-starter with excellent analytical skills and knowledge of Finance / Accounting.
· BA/BS degree in Finance or related field, with strong credentials and relevant financial services work experience.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· Excellent communication and inter-personal skills with the ability to excel in a dynamic and interactive team environment.
· Ability to work independently as well as a part of a team.
T. Rowe Price is an Equal Opportunity Employer
T. Rowe Price is an Equal Opportunity EmployerT. Rowe Price is an asset management firm focused on delivering global investment management excellence and retirement services that investors can rely on–now, and over the long term.