CliftonLarsonAllen, LLP Tax Director in Baltimore, Maryland
Description The vast majority of our nation's employers are private business owners. They are the heart and soul of America. Helping them succeed on their terms, by extension, means success for their employees, families, communities, and even our country. Our vision as CLA is simple: Help the owners we serve achieve their dream.
We are looking to bring on an Tax Director for our Timonium, MD office.
- Provide high level income tax planning and estate planning services for high net worth individuals and business owners Review trust and estate income tax returns, gift tax returns, and estate tax returns
- Review trust documents for proper income tax treatment, as well as for gift and generation-skipping tax issues
- Review high-level individual income tax returns
- Research tax laws, prepare tax memorandums on technical topics, and develop tax savings strategies
- Manage all aspects of client accounts and foster client relationships
- Expand services to existing clients and develop new business relationships
- Provide appropriate and timely performance feedback to those supervised
- Conduct internal training courses or seminars on technical subjects
- 7 years of experience in a large professional services or public accounting firm driving strategic management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- CPA, JD, EA or MST required
- Advanced technical knowledge of tax concepts and the ability to apply these services to various client situations
- Analytical, creative approach to effectively supervise engagements and guide the decision-making process
- Dynamic interpersonal manner with the capacity to develop and train staff through supervised practice
- Strong commitment to the profession and an excellent grasp of the firm philosophy and opinions on tax matters
- Excellent client service orientation with an ability to expand services and develop new business
ABOUT THE FIRM CliftonLarsonAllen LLP (CLA) is a professional services firm delivering integrated wealth advisory, outsourcing and public accounting capabilities to help enhance our clients’ enterprise value and assist them in growing and managing their related personal assets – all the way from startup to succession and beyond. Our professionals are immersed in the industries they serve and have specialized knowledge of their operating and regulatory environments. With nearly 4,000 people, 90 US locations and a global affiliation, we bring a wide array of solutions to help clients in all markets, foreign and domestic. Investment advisory services are offered through CliftonLarsonAllen Wealth Advisors, LLC, an SEC-registered investment advisor.
We are deeply invested in the success of our professionals and provide innovative career-building opportunities. At CLA, we aim to positively impact the clients we serve, the people we employ, the profession we represent and the communities we call home.
_CLA is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE/AA Employer/Vets/Disability_ IND123
Requisition Number: 16-1051
Title: Tax Director