SAP Development Architect- ABAP Job in Bangalore, India
Requisition ID: 124994
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
SAP Custom Development is a global organization that helps customers seize new market opportunities and dynamically respond to new business challenges by developing unique, individualized, customer-specific solutions on the SAP platform. Whether our customers need to extend and enhance an existing SAP solution or build an entirely new and innovative application, SAP Custom Development is able to deliver high-quality custom solutions tailored to our customers’ business needs.
The Solution Execution team within SAP Custom Development is chartered with executing custom development projects and support, where success is measured by effectively leveraging our ability to deliver those projects on-time, on-budget and with superior quality. As part of the Solution Execution team, you will be responsible for the techno-functional ownership of solutions delivered to our customers through the various custom development projects and products.
You will be working as part of a Custom Development Support Hub which is a support formation with the SAP Custom development within the Field Services board area. Your aim should be to take ownership of all issues for the product(s)/project(s).In the process of delivering the best support towards our customers you are required to interact with the customer towards resolution of all issues within the project(s)/product(s) and to make yourself the trusted advisor of choice for their business.
B.Tech / M.Tech / MCA with an aggregate score of 70% or above from IIT / NIT / any Premium
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• 10 years of strong SAP technology experience in multiple business and technical processes
• Profound ABAP development experience –
ABAP Workbench, Report Programming, Data Migration, Screen Programming, Authorizations, ALE/IDOC, Workflow, Performance Tuning, OO ABAP, Webdynpro ABAP, Enhancements & Modifications.
• Hands on experience with BOPF
• Functional expertise of business processes, master data, transactions & configuration knowledge in at least one of the following areas:
• SD, MM, FI, CO
• PP, WM, APO
• Banking and Insurance modules
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Experience in reviewing of solutions and provide assessments during roll-in of projects into support phase and suggest improvement measures
• Experience in carrying out estimations for support projects
• Experience in providing technical and product directions to the support team for resolution of issues
• Strong experience in architect, design and delivery of SAP enterprise solutions.
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills
• Knowledge of other platforms and applications will be an added advantage
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
• Perform technical and functional review and assessment of solutions during the roll-in phase of support in various functional areas.
• Perform analysis of critical issues for the project(s)/product(s) in support and provide directions towards resolution
• Provide assessment of new requirements that come up during support and analyze impact
• Play a ‘Trusted Advisor’ role to the customer on technical/functional topics
• Translate system requirements into solutions which integrate with existing product in support
• Provide direction to development team for resolution of support issues and participate, as necessary, in coding, testing, documentation as part of support activities
• Adapt to newer products and solutions in support and gather expertise in the newer areas
• Jointly responsible for ensuring the quality of support for the solution along with the project manager
• Guide and influence team members to accomplish the team’s technical and schedule goals
• Effective change management on projects by analyzing the impact of any new requirements on the project scope & timelines
• Engage with sales teams shape deals, through evaluations, estimations, and participation in the presales cycle for creating competitive positioning of Custom Development
• Work closely with other custom development team members, SAP development teams, external partners and customer teams to ensure successful project completion
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: firstname.lastname@example.org ). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Additional Locations: No Selection