SAP Development Architect - Development (Hybris) Job in Bangalore, India
Requisition ID: 127393
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
SAP Custom Development is a Global Organization dedicated to delivering innovative custom solutions to meet our customers’ unique business process needs. We deliver a full lifecycle of custom development services – from strategic planning, risk assessment, development, and quality assurance to maintenance. With development centers in the United States, Canada, Germany, India, China, and Japan, we leverage a global delivery model that utilizes the specific strengths of each location. To ensure excellence in execution, all development is delivered by following our solidly defined methodology. The SAP Custom Development organization helps customers maximize the value of their technology investments and can ultimately help enhance their competitive advantage. The Execution team within SAP Custom Development is chartered with executing custom development projects and related services, where success is measured by effectively leveraging our ability to deliver those projects on-time, on-budget and with superior quality
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
• Handle end to end project/product techno-functional solutions independently and provide guidance to team members
• Exhibit expertise in various product areas involved in integrated solutions
• Perform high-level analysis of any new requirements/change requests to the solution from a techno-functional standpoint.
• Adapt and support multiple projects in varied functional areas
• Analyze the impact of any new requirements on the existing solution
• Estimation of efforts for customer requirements
• Provide direction to development teams for custom solution realization and participate, as necessary, in coding, testing, documentation, go-live and maintenance support activities
• Communicate project status according to project communication plan
• Escalate issues well in advance and suggest alternative approaches
• Guide and influence team members to accomplish the team’s technical and schedule goals
• Work closely with other custom development team members, SAP development teams, external partners and customer teams to ensure successful project completion
EDUCATION QUALIFICATION / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• 12 years of strong JAVA technology and object oriented concepts, experience in multiple business and technical processes. Excellent programming skill is a must.
• Experience with any one or more Industry Solutions – eCommerce / Retail / Banking / Insurance
• Expertise in the design and development of web based applications using standard design patterns
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Experience in executing geographically distributed projects and working with culturally diverse work-groups
• Experience in leading sub-teams and delivering successful results
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills
• Knowledge of other platforms and applications will be an added advantage
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: Careers@sap.com ). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Additional Locations: No Selection