Amtrak Large Crane Opr Ful - 90063138 - Beech Grove in Beech Grove, Indiana
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Performs general shop maintenance and functions as a Large Crane Operator including but not limited to locomotive/cars being repaired, maintained or refurbished, operate forklift and gas powered mule to transport equipment and heavy parts. Must obtain CSX Rules qualifications.
• Responsible for the safe operation of overhead cranes in shop areas as outlined in Amtrak and Shop operating guidelines
• Operates the fork lift and gas powered mule to transport heavy parts or equipment.
• Responsible for cleaning and reclamation in accordance with EPA guidelines.
• When required assists in floor cleaning involving operation of the gas powered vacuum or tenant machine broom and shovel (Scrubs floor and sucks the water back-up).
• General housekeeping duties required
• Work crane operation
• Hotsy operation
• Equipment/system specifications
• Hydraulic Equipment operation
• Chain & Sling – Rigging Equipment
• Forklift Operation
• Locomotive systems
• Safety Checks and Procedures
• Job Briefing
• Sanding, watering, cleaning
• Cleaning equipment operation
• Locomotive/Crane operation
• Tool use
• Mechanical dexterity
• Active Listening
• Equipment assembly
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: No
Requisition ID: 25082
Posting Location(s): Indiana
Personnel Area: IN01
Job Family/Function: Mechanical
Relocation Offered: No
Education Requirements: High School/GED
Travel Requirements: None
Employment Experience Requirements: 1 - 3 years of experience
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
POSTING NOTES: Mechanical || Mechanical