Citi Apps Sup Intermediate Analyst in Belfast, United Kingdom
Primary Location: United Kingdom,Northern Ireland,Belfast
Job Function: Technology
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 16053338
A position exists for an Application Level 1 support analyst within the Citi Velocity support team. Using the latest web and mobile technology, the CitiVelocity Platform provides world-class research, commentary, and color on a broad range of product areas across the capital market structure including rates, credit, equities, FX, commodities, and securitized structured products.
The support team manages the day-to-day availability of the applications and ensures issues or status updates are accurately communicated to business users. The successful candidate will be working closely with their colleagues in other regional centers to ensure seamless 24 x 7 support of our applications. In addition, they will work closely with Level 2 Support, development teams and the business.
The ideal candidate should be technically astute, well organized, proactive and be comfortable discussing issues with business and technical users at all levels. They also need to possess good multi-tasking skills. It is anticipated that the role will require 75% hands-on work – so technical skills will also be required.
The support team work shifts during the day in order for the team to provide on-site cover between the hours of 7:00 am and 7:00 pm. This allows the support team to cover users globally. The candidate must be willing to participate in the work shift rota and also the weekend support rota.
This role will provide the successful candidate an opportunity to work in a globally distributed technology organization, supporting systems that process transactions valued at trillions of US dollars each day. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to learn best practices in technology support, and metrics-driven process improvement.
• Work closely with second level support, development teams, and the Citi Velocity business to determine strategy and priorities and to ensure team is meeting the business’ requirements. Ensure team delivers on these priorities and communicated progress effectively to all stakeholders.
• Provide 1st line technical support, answer queries via phone, e-mail and in person.
• This group provides the detailed knowledge of the applications. For example, they should be able to use the application User Interface as an expert user would, but would not typically being be expected to read and understand the application code.
• There is a duty on this team to take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues.
• Perform appropriate problem solving tasks before passing to another team with previously agreed upon format, logs, etc
• When dealing with major issues, the group would be expected to make key business decision recommendations based on their knowledge of the systems and the business.
• Follow thru to ensure each problem is resolved according to SLA.
• Effectively communicate issues and status updates with business users, second level support, and development teams
• Create and maintain a knowledge base to ensure that knowledge transfer takes place within the team
• Liaise with users; business sponsors; and other AD groups.
Application Support Experience
• Extensive years of experience working in a support environment.
• Understanding of problem management methodologies
• Knowledge/experience of problem management tools
• Experience using call/ticketing software
• Extensive years of experience
• Shell scripting - an advantage
• Perl/scripting language and / or Java - an advantage
• Ability to communicate well at all levels
• Strong organizational skills
• Self motivating
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to learn new skills quickly with little supervision
Additional Skills (preferable):
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems
• Experience using/troubleshooting Office with emphasis on Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Basic understanding of hardware setup and configuration
Citi has 16,000 offices in 160 countries around the globe. In 2012 we celebrated our 200 year anniversary and over that time, have cultivated the world’s largest financial services network. Today, Citi is built on the experience of 300,000 employees.
Citi works tirelessly to provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services. We strive to create the best outcomes for our clients and customers with financial solutions that are simple, creative and responsible.
Citi’s Investment Research and Analysis division focuses on delivering the highest-quality company, sector, economic and geographic insights to our clients globally. The unit includes equity and fixed income research, economic and market analysis and product-specific analysis to help individual and institutional clients navigate a complex global marketplace.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer