Citi Belfast Site Head for FCC Operations in Belfast, United Kingdom
Primary Location: United Kingdom,Northern Ireland,Belfast
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Transaction Processing
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 16046898
FCC Operations in Belfast consists of 30 FTE spanning a broad array of functions including clearing / trade management, T+1 break remediation, treasury and reconciliations. This high performing team continues to grow both in size and breadth of responsibilities with this role leading further expansion, executing the strategy and delivering a differentiating level of service to our internal and external clients.
This role will work in tandem with our global business and technology partners and other operational groups for BAU, new business and efficiency opportunities.
This role is extremely client focused requiring a deep understanding of client’s needs and the ability to deliver consistently in a controlled manner.
• Provide strategic direction for new business implementation plans, client projects and system utilisation. Effectively communicate vision, provide appropriate oversight to ensure deliverables are met and issues are appropriately escalated and resolved.
• Build credibility and trust with regional partners, seniors and clients. Seek opportunities to lead and engage in highly visible, global projects. Continually engage with global operating partners to enhance and build upon the global operating model.
• Lead and develop direct reports and broader team. Ensure individual goals are well defined and they align to broader team and organization strategic goals. Identify and support development of succession candidates for key roles. Ensure managers are developing staff and holding teams accountable, providing timely feedback and adhering to established performance management process. Drive efforts to attract and retain top talent.
• Ensure compliance with Regulatory, Exchange and CCP mandates impacting FCC Operations
• In partnership with the Business and Client Executives manage the on boarding of new Clients ensuring a first class experience
• Identify support and implement control and efficiency initiatives across FCC Operations
• Ability to identify issues, develop and provide solutions to remove blockers preventing the expansion of our current client product offering
• Develop the technical, product and industry knowledge of team members across FCC Operations reducing the risk of key person dependencies
• Represent Citi at Vendor and Industry forums
Qualifications & skills:
• Extensive management experience and a good level of experience in operational process management
• Strong leadership capabilities
• Strong ability to develop clear strategies, set direction and deliver results
• Excellent interpersonal and superior verbal & written communication skills
• Ability to effectively support a wide-range of internal clients (product, sales, technology, compliance, legal) and external clients
• Strong background in people management to effectively set and manage performance objectives, goals, target productivity and service quality expectations as well as lead annual compensation review process with recommendations to Function Manager.
• Experience with identification of control deficiencies with strong illustration of implementing appropriate procedures to mitigate any risks or operational losses in addition to ensuring the department meets all audit and control requirements
• Project management of multiple high priority visible projects: Appropriately leverage and allocate necessary resources to ensure all projects within the department are on target, on budget and being managed effectively
• Identification of opportunity to implement process improvements, service/technology enhancements while managing vendor relationships, both from a strategic management and decision making perspective.
• Team player able to work with peers across the organization and industry
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer