Citi Senior Application Support Analyst in Belfast, United Kingdom
Primary Location: United Kingdom,Northern Ireland,Belfast
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Technology
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 16043229
Senior Application Support Analyst
Competitive Salary Offered
• The Application Support Manager will be responsible for managing production issues and events in a Global follow-the-sun Production Services team that provides support for all of the applications utilising the ITIL Service management Framework. The Apps Support manager and the team will work with Business and Product owners as well as other Application Project Managers, Project Leads and Developers to facilitate the support of Incident, Problem and Escalation Management. Also included in the responsibilities are Adhoc service requests, Client issue inquiry and resolution as well as some Implementation, Change and Configuration Management activities.
• The Apps support manager will be responsible to ensure the team uses tools (ITRS, ServiceNow) to monitor applications events to facilitate the immediate escalation of Production problems and Incidents. The position requires an individual with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, capable of working in a fast-paced financial services environment.
APPLICATION SUPPORT EXPERIENCE:
• Experience in technology support roles within a large scale, global financial services organization - Strong Decision-Making and Problem Solving Skills - Highly proficient with application development techniques, Oracle, SQL, Shell Scripting and UNIX operating systems - Outstanding interpersonal effectiveness; strong communication skills both verbal and written - Ability to document and standardize processes around support procedures - Awareness of audit and compliance related issues and management of open corrective actions
• Bachelor's degree in Information Services, related technical field or equivalent, with experience in application support roles for software applications. Strong aptitude for process definition and compliance, with emphasis on implementing process improvement solutions. Motivated individual comfortable both leading and working as part of a team. Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills. Results oriented with a great attention to detail and must be able to manage multiple requests under deadlines
• Experience with AIX, MQ, Oracle, Java, SQL, NDM
• Experience with Flexcube would be an added bonus but not requirement
• Experience writing scripts, database queries, generating capacity and performance reports
• Software Engineering and Change Management
• Understanding of client server architecture (clustered and non-clustered)
• Resiliency and Redundancy designs
• Interfaces and Messaging systems
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Closing Date: June 23, 2017