Citi Senior Applications Support Manager in Belfast, United Kingdom
Primary Location: United Kingdom,Northern Ireland,Belfast
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Technology
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 16043229
We are seeking an experienced Production Support Manager within the ICG Production Support organization, specifically within Treasure & Trade Solutions (TTS) Technology – ENTERPRISE department. The enterprise department of TTS predominantly looks after the core ledger, DDA and Loans processing for TTS the system that performs this is called Flexcube and is provided by Oracle built entirely upon Oracle Database technology.
The PS manager is required to oversee a team that provides Level 2 support for Flexcube during the EMEA timezone. There are a number of other managers in EMEA who look after various support groups for Flexcube. Flexcube is divided into Western Europe, CEEMEA and Loans.
The candidate must have strong motivation to drive, lead and be successful in their endeavors, great teamwork and team building skills will be a key factor to the success of the team.
The ideal candidate should be technically astute, well organized, proactive and be comfortable discussing issues with business and technical users at all levels. The successful candidate should be able to provide strategic direction to the Support Team, manage and implement a global model while implementing monitoring and working with peers to ensure TTS Production Support provides a single cohesive support model.
• The Application Support Manager will be responsible for managing production issues and events in a Global follow-the-sun Production Services team that provides support for all of the applications utilising the ITIL Service management Framework. The Apps Support manager and the team will work with Business and Product owners as well as other Application Project Managers, Project Leads and Developers to facilitate the support of Incident, Problem and Escalation Management. Also included in the responsibilities are Adhoc service requests, Client issue inquiry and resolution as well as some Implementation, Change and Configuration Management activities.
• The Apps support manager will be responsible to ensure the team uses tools (ITRS, ServiceNow) to monitor applications events to facilitate the immediate escalation of Production problems and Incidents. The position requires an individual with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, capable of working in a fast-paced financial services environment.
APPLICATION SUPPORT EXPERIENCE:
• Experience in technology support roles within a large scale, global financial services organization - Strong Decision-Making and Problem Solving Skills - Highly proficient with application development techniques, Oracle, SQL, Shell Scripting and UNIX operating systems - Outstanding interpersonal effectiveness; strong communication skills both verbal and written - Ability to document and standardize processes around support procedures - Awareness of audit and compliance related issues and management of open corrective actions
• Bachelor's degree in Information Services, related technical field or equivalent, with experience in application support roles for software applications. Strong aptitude for process definition and compliance, with emphasis on implementing process improvement solutions. Motivated individual comfortable both leading and working as part of a team. Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills. Results oriented with a great attention to detail and must be able to manage multiple requests under deadlines
• Experience with AIX, MQ, Oracle, Java, SQL, NDM
• Experience with Flexcube would be an added bonus but not requirement
• Experience writing scripts, database queries, generating capacity and performance reports
• Software Engineering & Change Management
• Understanding of client server architecture (clustered and non-clustered)
• Resiliency and Redundancy designs
• Interfaces and Messaging systems
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to learn new skills quickly with little supervision and ensuring the detail is of high priority
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate well at all levels
• Efficiently and effectively manages work, time, and resources
• Applied knowledge of standard development methodologies
• Ability to handle high stress and pressure situations
• Strong problem solving and program execution skills while being process orientated
• Self motivating and delivery focused individual
• Ability to understand the big picture – can step back and understand the context of problems before applying analytical skills to address the issues
• Proven ability to communicate and develop long lasting relationships with all levels of Management in a clear, concise manner
• ITIL accredation to at least foundation level
• A knowledge of ServiceNow, incidents, major incidents, projects and reporting
• Experience in configuring alerting through ITRS
Citi has 12,000 offices in 140 countries around the globe. We have been around for nearly two centuries and over that time, have cultivated the world’s largest financial services network. Today, Citi is built on the experience of 300,000 employees.
Treasury & Trade Solutions (TTS) is an integral part of ICG, serving public sector clients, corporates and financial institutions in over 130 countries. With over 700 public sector clients globally, handling 135 currencies and processing daily operations for 90% of Global Fortune 500 companies with 24 launguages available on our online banking platform it's no wonder Technology is a critical component in our client centric business.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer