Citi Senior Auditor – Quality Assurance & Methodology in Belfast, United Kingdom
Primary Location: United Kingdom,Northern Ireland,Belfast
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Audit
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job ID: 16063610
Internal Audit is a global organization of over 1000 professionals covering Citi's global businesses and service to clients and customers in over 180 countries. Citi's Internal Audit division provides independent assessments of the company's governance, risk management and internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management and Citi’s numerous regulators globally. Internal Audit is a change agent within Citi aimed to enhance the control culture of Citigroup worldwide and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe.
The Quality Assurance and Methodology AVP will report to the QA Methodology Managing Director (MD) and will have responsibility for tracking and aggregating Quality Assurance results, QA MI report, thematic reporting of QA results, maintaining up-to-date methodology training and providing support to the Quality Assurance Directors analysis required for the execution of Quality Assurance products. This role will also support the QA Methodology MD in project initiatives.
• Input, maintenance and tracking of QA results in iCAPS through resolution
• Preparing Monthly MI for the QA Chief Auditor
• Gatekeeper of QA documentation in QA SharePoint
• Developing a successful partnership with the QA Directors and their direct reports, as well as liaising with IA Team members
• Thematic reporting of QA results
• Assisting the QA Methodology MD with aggregation of required methodology refresh, development of guidance, updates to templates and compilation of best practice examples through collaboration with QA Directors.
• Assist the QA team in required updates to IA Methodology Training material
• Support UAT assignments for IA’s toolkit (AIMS)
• Supporting the QA Project Director with data gathering and analysis in support of project initiatives managed by QA through collaboration with MI team
• Participating in QA activities such as Thematic Reviews and Site Reviews including data analysis and reporting.
Qualifications and Competencies
• Extensive years of work experience in internal audit practices or other control functions within Financial Services industry
• Strong data analytical skills; ability to synthesize data
• Strong organizational skills and proven ability to multi-task
• Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Ability to work in teams and with minimal supervision
• Strong presentation and relationship management skills are essential. This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style. Candidates must have effective interview skills, and will display effective networking and influencing skills. This person will be comfortable acting as an agent for positive change with agility and flexibility.
• Working knowledge of quality assurance within internal audit a plus
Candidates applying for this role must be aware that it is a Certified Role, subject to the Certification Regime. The Certification Regime is one element of the Individual Accountability Regime which has come into effect on 7 March 2016. Under the Certification Regime, certain Citi entities must ensure that employees working in certain roles categorised as specified significant harm functions (Certified Roles) are assessed as fit and proper to carry out their role.
Under the guidance provided by the FCA and PRA, firms should have regard to the following when assessing fitness and propriety:
• Honesty, integrity and reputation
• Financial soundness
• Competence and capability
In order to comply with the requirements of the Certification Regime, certain Citi entities must take reasonable care to ensure that an employee does not perform a Certified Role without first being certified as Fit and Proper. For this reason, you will be assessed for this role against the Fit and Proper requirements, as described above. This assessment will be carried out through extensive interviews, self-disclosures, permitted criminal record checks, reference checks, credit checks and other background checks. If hired for this role, you will also be required to complete an annual declaration regarding your Fitness and Propriety.
By submitting your application, you acknowledge that you have read the information above and that you are applying for a Certified Role. You also agree to Citi carrying out any additional screening required, including permitted criminal record checks, reference checks, credit checks and any other background checks.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer