CME Group Technology Operations Engineer in Belfast, United Kingdom
Where Futures Are Made - CME Group is the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it – all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small.
With 2,500 employees located around the world, we’re small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic and the work is unlike any other firm in the business.
Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we’re looking for more.
Our Technology Operations team (TOCC) provides first and second level support of CME’s mission critical environments across the Production, Certification, New Release and Disaster Recovery environments. As part of this, the team monitors the daily and nightly Clearing, Regulatory and Trading cycles to ensure business needs are met. In addition to day to day support, TOCC also supports Disaster Recovery tests throughout the year for all critical applications.
Due to current expansion with our Technology Operations Team we now have a requirement for a Technology Operations Engineer to join our current team. As a TOCC Engineer you will be responsible for the monitoring of all customer facing environments; this will include, but is not limited to, Production, Certification, New Release and Disaster Recovery; all operated within the Clearing and Trading Business Units. In dealing with this, you will follow the departmental guidelines of escalation to appropriate levels of support within a timely and efficient manner.
The successful candidate will have exposure to a wide range of technologies and will have the opportunity to assist with continual service improvement initiatives.
- Ownership and escalation of alerts in a timely manner
- 1st line resolution of incidents where applicable, ensuring efficient and timely resolution
- Open and manage conference lines to facilitate incident resolution
- Follow up unresolved incidents with resolver groups
- Help maintain and improve existing processes and procedures
- Ensure timely and accurate turnover of on-going issues to the next shift (Belfast hands over to Chicago)
- Accurate and detailed completion of incident tickets
- Liaise with subject matter experts to build knowledge as well as update TOCC knowledge base to grow the global team
- Assignment of problem tickets for recurring incidents or where root cause has not been determined to the Problem Change Management team
- Ensure conformance of CME Group Change Management policies
- HNC/HND level education or higher in an IT related subject (or equivalent combination of technical certifications and experience)
- Understanding of Linux / Windows operating systems
- Experience in supporting IT products/services
- ITIL awareness from an Incident / Change management perspective
- Scripting experience
- Experience of working in a high volume, time critical, environment