FleetPride Mechanic II in Bemidji, Minnesota
Repair heavy-duty trucks and trailers according to company standards and procedures.
- Examine vehicles to determine extent of damage or malfunction(s).
- Perform inspections and preventative maintenance of vehicles and equipment.
- Perform routine and scheduled maintenance services such as oil changes, lubrications and filter replacements.
- Repair, reline, replace, and adjust brakes (air, hydraulic, electric and brake accessories).
- Test drive vehicles and test components using proper equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair suspension systems including leaf and coil spring systems, and Hendrickson walking beam type suspension systems.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical systems, exhaust systems, steering systems, air conditioning, PTO”S and custom exhaust systems.
- Adjust, remove and replace clutches and drivelines.
- Overhaul, troubleshoot and repair diesel and gasoline engines.
- Troubleshoot and repair fuel tanks, fifth wheels, trailer hitches, pintle hooks, auxiliary axles and frames.
- Perform tandem alignment, front axle king pin and bushing repairs.
- Perform basic aluminum and steel wire welding.
- Inspect orders for completion and quality before presentation or delivery to customers.
- Record incoming measurements of Driveline to be repaired or assembled.
- Provide a comprehensive list of parts and services required to repair or assemble a new Driveline according to the Manufacturer’s Specifications.
- Record final measurements, services and parts used during the last stage of a job, noting any special customer request(s).
- Provide customers with preventative maintenance solution, whenever appropriate.
- Weld, straighten and balance Drivelines and drive shafts according to vendor specifications.
- Read blueprints, when furnished by the customer, regarding the special fabrication and assembly of a driveshaft.
- Utilize machinery in order to repair or fabricate any driveshaft.
- File, grind, sand and smooth filled or repaired surfaces, using power tools and hand tools.
- Mix polyester resins and hardeners to be used in restoring damaged areas.
- Fix small dents that cannot be worked out with plastic or solder.
- Position dolly blocks against surfaces of dented areas and beat opposite surfaces to remove dents, using hammers.
- Sand body areas to be painted and cover bumpers, windows, and trim with masking tape or paper to protect them from the paint.
- Remove upholstery, accessories, electrical window and seat operating equipment and trim to gain access to vehicle bodies and fenders.
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace.
Requisition Number:: 16-0892
Post Date:: 8/16/2016
Title:: Mechanic II
Job Type:: Full Time