Bayer Director Human Resources in Berkeley, CA, California
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, as Director Human Resources, are to:
Pharma PS West Coast:
• Provide leadership for global initiatives/processes and ensure proper coordination between global and local; • Ensure the US perspective is clear at the global level and partner in creating solutions; • Establish the strategies for succession planning and talent management to drive business results across Pharma PS West Coast and other US PS organizations; Partner with the business to identify talent gaps, build organizational capability, align job requirements, and ensure competitive skills are maintained; • Implement workforce planning process to identify future needs and develop/implement staffing plans to support business continuity and growth; • Mentor/coach Senior Executives to enhance leadership and managerial behaviors aligned with the LIFE values; • Proactively drive change management initiatives providing expert counsel and change management tools to leaders to successfully implement change; • Establish and cultivate relationships to assist in building and maintaining strong, performance based team environment across Pharma PS Biotech and the Berkeley Supply Center; • Provide guidance and expertise in Org Design in support of New Bayer and future organizational structural changes; • Incorporate Change Management best practices across the business and facilitate effective change leadership.
West Coast Strategic Leadership:
• Ensure corporate and departmental HR policies and practices are communicated and understood, and compliance with all Federal and State laws and regulations is maintained and California requirements are understood and adhered to; • Provide guidance and support to senior management in all areas of HR (talent acquistion, retention, compensation, benefits, training, development, motivation, organizational optimization and HR procedures); • Provide strategic guidance on long term Union Management Relations activities.
Human Resources Management:
• Provide effective leadership including: developing and implementing objectives and business strategies; selecting key personnel and motivating HR team members; challenging employees to develop as leaders while serving as a role model and mentor; assisting with Performance Calibration/Talent Pool Management/Succession Planning; leading individual goal setting/performance review processes; supporting training,development, and workforce diversity, promoting quality and safety, and supporting supervisors/managers in management of their employees/department which support achievement of individual/department/business objectives.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
• BA/BS. MBA preferred in HR/ Organizational Development or Business. SPHR a plus 10 years of progressive corporate senior level experience in Human Resources with at least 5-7 years managing an HR department with Generalist responsibility for recruiting, consulting, compensation, employee relations, organizational development or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Functional expertise leading a HR Team supporting manufacturing operations; • Knowledge and experience in Union Negotiation, State and Federal Labor Law, Compliance; • Expertise in organizational development, organizational structure and change management; • Ability to handle multiple tasks in short time frames; • Good interpersonal skills, listening skills; • Ability to make good decisions quickly and highly results Oriented;
• Knowledge of the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry strongly Preferred; • Experience working globally preferred.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Disabled