Amtrak Carman* - 90204583 - Boston in Boston, Massachusetts
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Responsible for inspection, testing and maintenance of wheels sets, brakes, brake pads, repairing suspension and pneumatic systems on rolling stock equipment and components in accordance with FRA and Amtrak standards and guidelines.
• Performs inspection, testing and maintenance in accordance with 49CFR regulations and Amtrak standards and guidelines
• Troubleshoots equipment to determine corrective actions and causes of equipment failures
• Repairs doors, windows, interior equipment, access panels, hand brakes, brake shoes, outside car body components, fire extinguishers, emergency tools and first aid kits
• Uses a variety of test equipment to diagnose malfunctions, troubleshoot and repair components and circuits
• Maintains proper care and use of materials, test equipment, machines and hand tools normally associated with assigned job
• May perform welding and burning
• Experience in troubleshooting, repair, replacement and rebuilding of mechanic equipment and systems
• Must successfully complete training and attain/retain certifications applicable to assigned job
• Completion of technical school or apprenticeship program
• Experience in the maintenance of railroad equipment
• Knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
• Ability to read mechanical drawings
• Knowledge and skill in the use of electronic tools, equipment and the measurements necessary to meet established standards
• Some computer skills
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Candidates who apply to this posting may be contacted now or at a later date when a position becomes available.
Requisition ID: 22903
Posting Location(s): Massachusetts
Personnel Area: MA02
Job Family/Function: Mechanical
Relocation Offered: No
Education Requirements: High School/GED
Travel Requirements: None
Employment Experience Requirements: 1 - 3 years of experience
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
POSTING NOTES: Mechanical || Mechanical