State Street Lead Financial Officer, SVP in Boston, Massachusetts
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
The Global Head of BU Finance is responsible for developing, monitoring and evaluating the overall performance across AIS, IMS, IT, Operations and Corporate Functions. This role will be the primary finance face-off with the executive team of each Business and Corporate Function and interact effectively with other parts of the company. This position will provide useful financial insights to assist in formulating and executing the overall strategy for each Business and Corporate Function. Critical outcomes include supporting the executive team with key financial information and operational analytics, and driving a culture of accountability in managing capital and risk.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support the executive team with key financial information and operational analytics, and drive a culture of accountability in managing the business, and adding value to operating businesses
- Provides leadership for the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic objectives, with focus on capital and regulatory. Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities
- Manage processes for financial forecasting, budgets and consolidation and reporting (including business unit, client and product views) while partnering with the FP&A; team.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with executive team to identify their needs and seek full range of business solutions
Develop and manage a global team of 50 with both onshore and offshore support
Improve and refine the quality of the business unit financial and client analytics.
- Define and standardize business unit balance sheet and return metrics. Move focus from direct P&L; view to fully loaded P&L; view with appropriate return metrics to help enhance comprehensive analytics at business unit level.
- This role is responsible for developing and defining a more efficient and effective comprehensive financial and client reporting process linked to the strategic long term objectives of the Company
- Define and standardize business unit balance sheet and fully loaded return metrics which currently is not available at company level.
- Efficiently runs the enterprise-wide process while collaborating with key decision makers across the Company.
- This role oversees and drives enhancing the enterprise-wide financial and client reporting process as well as improving end to end processes across finance.
- Ability to build key relationships and influence across teams and management levels.
- This role partners with EVP/SVP leadership across the company well as Management Committee members.
- Work with CAO and CFO teams to gain business insight and look for ways to simple and improve best practices.
- This role requires strong analytical capabilities with broad and deep functional expertise in a wide range of analytical tools and techniques, supported by relevant business experience, in order to provide recommendations and/or instigate solutions to meet ongoing and future business needs.
- Strong ability to lead and manage projects, resources and deadlines within a dynamic and complex environment.
- Strong understanding of the organizational structure and operations to complete financial requests and activities in the most efficient manner.
Location: US MA Boston
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: Lead Financial Officer, SVP
Job ID: 163910
Full/Part Time: Full FTE