Amtrak Motor Equip Opr - 90154266 - Boston in Boston, Massachusetts
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Responsible for maintenance and servicing of Amtrak’s locomotives and facilities in accordance with FRA, FDA, and Amtrak standards and guidelines.
• Performs services on locomotives and equipment such as sanding, cleaning, washing, scraping.
• Empties waste retention system, trash receptacles and properly disposes of hazardous waste material in accordance with FDA/Amtrak standards and guidelines.
• Performs shop maintenance and functions as motor equipment operator.
• Uses and operates light cranes, tractors, forklifts and similar equipment.
• Maintain shop/yard cleanliness.
• Maintain proper care and use of materials, equipment, machines and hand tools normally associated with assigned job.
• Experience in manual labor.
• Experience operating cranes, power tools and hydraulic chain/sling rigging equipment preferred.
• Some computer skills preferred.
• Knowledge of general/manual laborer duties.
• Ability to operate cranes, tractors and forklifts.
• Must successfully complete training and attain/retain certifications applicable to job.
• Valid driver’s license required for locations where necessary to operate company vehicle and motorized equipment.
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
• Ability to read, write and communicate proficiently.
Requisition ID: 25143
Posting Location(s): Massachusetts
Personnel Area: MA02
Job Family/Function: Mechanical
Relocation Offered: No
Education Requirements: High School/GED
Travel Requirements: None
Employment Experience Requirements: 1 - 3 years of experience
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
POSTING NOTES: Mechanical || Mechanical