Medtronic Assembler I - 2nd shift - PI in Boulder, Colorado
Assembler I - 2nd shift - PI
Boulder, Colorado, United States
5 days ago
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Assembler is responsible for hands-on assembling of electrical and mechanical sub- and final assemblies while following safe work practices. The Assembler understands the manufacturing assembly process, the set up and flow of assembly procedures, recognizes potential problems and helps to resolve them by bringing them to the attention of a product team lead or Supervisor in a timely manner, assists in setting up and maintaining production flow, works with minimum supervision, as required.
•Understands the importance of a Safety First environment.
•Understands Quality and the effect it has in a production environment.
•Ability to read and interpret simple assembly bills of material and drawings.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Effective manual dexterity and eye hand coordination.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to learn operation of assembly equipment.
• Effective organization skills.
• Effective interpersonal skills.
• Champions Integrity and Trust
• Managerial Courage
• Customer Focus
• Learning/Change Agility
• Work overtime as required.
• Ability to move from department and buildings to interact with others.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
• Manufacturing plant environment involves frequent* sitting, standing, and walking, and occasionally* climbing, stooping, kneeling, and crawling.
• Occasionally* lifts up to 35lbs. or carries, crawls, and balances while working in the production environment.
• Frequent* use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the quality inspection of Company products.
• Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as the telephone.
• Visual capacity including depth perception, color vision, and peripheral vision enabling operation of machinery.
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• At least six (6) months of related experience
*Occasional: Activity exists less than 1/3 of the time.
*Frequent: Activity exists between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life.We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We can accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team.Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives.Help us shape the future.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
This employer participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here:http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.