Scottrade Branch Intern - Boulder, CO in Boulder, Colorado
• Listen to and shadow brokers in the office to see how they conduct business with clients. (10%)
• Act as a representative of Scottrade to clients that come directly to the branch for assistance. (10%)
• Become familiar with different departments and their functions. (10%)
• Provide technical support for clients accessing Scottrade's trading platforms. (10%)
• Utilize quote system to communicate information regarding stocks to clients. (10%)
• Process stock certificates and deposits, prepare paperwork for overnight delivery to St. Louis, and process branch mail. (10%)
• Understand and be able to communicate different types of client accounts. (10%)
• Navigate through the internal systems and become familiar with their uses. (10%)
• Complete internal training program through Scottrade University. (10%)
• Participate in team building activities within the branch. (5%)
• Become proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite. (5%)
• Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Ability to work an average of 15-25 hours per week and no more than 8 hours per day.
• Basic level proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Foster company success through a professional appearance, being courteous to customers and all Scottrade associates and by having a positive attitude.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program and attend classes at a local University with interests in business and the stock market.
• Have completed 50-70 hours of required coursework and have a balance of no fewer than 48 hours remaining towards their Bachelor’s Degree (1-2 years of college remaining).
• Performing within the college’s acceptable GPA level.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITES & REQUIREMENTS, VISUAL ACUITY, WORKING CONDITIONS AND NOISE LEVEL:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls.
• The physical requirements of this position are considered to be sedentary work (Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.).
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to have close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less in order to view a computer screen).
• The noise level in the work environment is considered moderate (business office with co-workers, copiers, shredders, printers, etc.).
CONTACTS WITH OTHERS:
• Contacts with other persons within the department on routine matters or occasional contact with other departments, or outside the department furnishing or obtaining factual data requiring ordinary courtesy and tact.
LICENSE & CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENT(S)
Scottrade, Inc., an equal opportunity employer, is committed to inclusion and a diverse workforce.-
Scottrade, Inc., a leading investing services company, partners with more than three million retail clients to provide the trading services and investment solutions they need to overcome barriers to financial success. Founded in 1980, Scottrade pairs its large nationwide branch network with advanced online products and services to help clients gain insight into the market and react quickly to trading opportunities. Other lines of business include Scottrade® Advisor Services, which serves registered investment advisors; Scottrade Investment Management, the nationwide investment advisor; and Scottrade Bank, which provides online retail banking products and services, commercial lending and commercial equipment financing. To learn more about opportunities to advance your career at Scottrade, visit careers.scottrade.com.
To apply you will be required to set up a candidate account, this account will keep you informed of your application status.
Steps to create an account:
If you created an account on or after July 12, 2016, Sign In with your email address and password. If you do not have an account, click Create Account or created one prior to July 12, 2016, click Forgot Password.
Enter your email address
Enter a password. Passwords must contain at least 8 characters, including
At least 1 upper case and one lower case letterAt least 1 numeric digit At least one special character (!, @, #, $, etc.)
If you have any technical questions please contact email@example.com. Thank you!