HCA, Hospital Corporation of America LPN Progressive Care FT/Nights in Bowling Green, Kentucky
LPN * Transitional Care*
POSITION SUMMARY: The Licensed Practical Nurse: Performs direct patient care under the direction of the Registered Nurse. Utilizes therapeutic communication in daily practice. Maintains a safe and therapeutic environment. Identifies nursing problems as they relate to the individual needs of the patient. Participates in the planning of individualized and holistic patient care. Identifies cultural differences and incorporates into care. Utilizes translation services when indicated. Participates in performance improvement activities to assure continuous quality improvement. Provides care and coordinates participation that fosters the goals of the hospital's mission statement. Provides care for Adults (18 – 79 years) Elderly (80 years).
The tasks and responsibilities include: * Contributes to the assessment of patients by collecting data * Observes and documents patient status and reports patient condition. * Interprets changes in patient status, reports and intervenes appropriately * Administers medications and observes patients for adverse reactions to medications and/or treatments.
· Recognizes adverse reaction to medication or blood components and reportsto physician.
* Assess pain according to policy. * Dresses wounds and provides personal care. * Collects specimens * Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems. * Provides age and culturally appropriate care * Orients and mentors new staff members
· Participates in family/patient care conferences to discuss patient goals, _ _problems and ongoing discharge plans.
· Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
· Provides a safe environment for patient, visitor and employees through identifying/correcting/reporting health and safety hazards.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS: * Current registration and licensure with the Kentucky State Board of Nursing as a LPN * Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider. New employees have up to 90 days from date of hire to obtain the American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare provider * Customer service abilities including effective listening skills. * Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS: Demonstrates the ability to perform specific competencies as listed on the Competency Assessment Forms. Meets mutually-agreed upon performance goals/objectives established as listed on the Performance Management Plan.
Title: LPN Progressive Care FT/Nights
Location: Kentucky-Bowling Green-Greenview Regional Hospital
Requisition ID: 00037-53650