Ingersoll Rand LCU-Outside Sales Account Manager in BREA, California
At Ingersoll Rand we're passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit http://www.ingersollrand.com/ .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Responsible for all functions relating to developingnew Light Commercial Equipment Customer relationships and strengtheningexisting customer base to ensure maximum account penetration and customerretention. Targeted products includeLight Commercial Unitary 3-25 tons, replacement/service parts and supplies, andsmall packaged heating, cooling, and ventilation equipment for use oncommercial applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include thefollowing. Other duties may be assigned.
- Functions as a sales and marketing representative and liaison between customers and the District Sales Office (Contractor Connection team where such exists).
- Develops new customer accounts by cold-calling various businesses in their territory.
- Conduct 20 -25 sales calls each week and maintain a list of customers contacted.
- Develop good working relationships within all levels of existing customers
- Performs analysis on customer needs and uses.
- Ascertains current market opportunities.
- Increases sales to existing accounts by working closely with assigned Account Managers.
- Establishes systematic customer contact to provide on-going information.
- Reviews and provides feedback on customer support programs.
- Identifies customer problems and/or needs.
- Researches and provides competitive unitary equipment and parts/supplies sales data.
- Maintains customer data files using CRM.
- Responsible for all pricing and proposals using CRM, Job Center. LYNX and TOPSS.
- Responsible for ordering and expediting using FOE and PeopleSoft Projects.
- Responsible for facilitating parts & supplies purchasing processes and relationships with customers’ management, buying agents, and technicians.
- Creates and maintains territorial listing noting classification of customer and frequency of calls.
- Attends sales meetings and reports sales activity, new account development, and upcoming itinerary.
- Maintains records of sales, customer information, and requests by updating data.
- Possesses knowledge of the Trane product line to be able to demonstrate and discuss with customers.
- Works against a current and evolving action plan designed to identify and meet all of the customers’ needs.
- Develops multiple relationships with key players in customer operations.
- Facilitates introductions of key customer contacts to other Trane sales teams for specific opportunity development.
- Develops and executes an account specific business plan to identify the long term, mutual support requirements required to facilitate a strong, profitable and successful partnership.
· Assist LaCrosseFinancial Services with credit applications, approvals, and collections.
Typically requires an Associate's degree (A. A.)or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; and a minimum offive(5) years of sales or relatedexperience; or equivalent combination of education and sales experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must beable to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listedbelow are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made toenable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Demonstrated competency in consultative,relationship, listening, and selling skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in business and problem solving skills (including at the consumer level)
- Highly self-motivated, goal oriented
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Demonstrated competence in computer usage.
- Demonstrated proficiency in planning, organizing, and prioritizing
- Flexibility to work overtime/weekends, as required.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: BREA-California
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Oct 18, 2016, 12:53:16 PM