HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Entry Level Finance in Brentwood, Tennessee
Physician Services Group (PSG) is a part of HCA (Fortune 79) the world’s largest for-profit healthcare provider. Our mission at PSG is to practice the best medicine, produce superior patient experiences, achieve operational excellence and collaborate with other health care partners, so that the communities we serve reap the benefits of high-quality, cost-effective care. With over 13,000 employees nationwide, the medical teams at PSG support over 800 physician practices and have over 9 million patient encounters annually.
Career opportunities are extensive for top performers. With an accounting department of over 200, PSG has a dedicated team who provide not only the latest in industry updates, but work with accounting leadership to help each team member progress and prosper. The HCA organization as a whole has many accounting and finance opportunities at PSG's corporate headquarters in Brentwood, TN, and throughout the country.. Many of today’s leaders in our organization got their start within the Physician Services Group.
The Finance Representative will be engaged in the following:
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES - Processes OnBase A/P activity, check requests, handles check disbursement and engages as a customer service liaison for all AP customers.
SUPERVISOR - Accounts Payable Manager
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Processes invoice and check requests, including adding vendor numbers and GL coding.
- Submits documentation to create or update vendor files.
- Reviews invoices for correct account numbers and dollar amounts.
- Provides customer service to resolve various issues that may arise.
- Coordinate overnight delivery of packages requiring urgent payments.
- Processes OnBase AP activity for assigned COIDs.
- Match Credit Memo’s for vendor payment activity as necessary.
- Communicate with vendors regarding payment status.
- Perform statements audits related to assigned COIDs.
- Participates in educational and team building activities.
- Maintains the strictest confidentiality.
- Performs related work as required.
- Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”. This position requires the following:
- Knowledge of accounts payable practices and medical office procedures.
- Knowledge of coding and clinic policies on accounts payable.
- Skill in use of computer and calculator.
- Ability to examine documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Ability to prepare records in accordance with detailed instructions.
- Ability to work effectively with co-workers as a team member.
Ability to communicate clearly.
- Minimum of one year of experience in accounts payable or related finance/accounting exposure in a business setting, preferably in a medical office and/or healthcare environment.
- Customer service orientation with strong focus on successful interaction with customers/clients is required. Education
- High school diploma required, any college and/or degree is extremely helpful.
Title: Entry Level Finance
Location: Tennessee-Brentwood-HCAPS Services
Requisition ID: 07169-51073