BASF EHS Specialist Sr I - Brighton, CO in Brighton, Colorado
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds.By balancing economic success with environmental protection and socialresponsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. Asthe world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly everyindustry meet the current and future needs of society through science andinnovation.
Weprovide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working toform the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelonglearning and development.
Andwe are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF hasbeen recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016.Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Wherethe Chemistry Happens…
We are seeking exceptionalcandidates for a Senior Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Specialist I tobecome a member of our Central Hub EHS team. Located in Brighton, CO, you willreport to the Central Hub Team Leader (located in Kankakee, IL), with a dottedline to the Brighton site director.
Under the hub structure, you willhave indirect interaction with other sites in the Central Hub, a group of sitessupported under the BASF shared services platform. You will also interact withEHS experts and professionals who support all of the BASF North American sitesand businesses. In this shared services structure, you may also provideassistance at other BASF sites as the need arises.
SeniorEnvironmental Health and Safety Specialist I (1603472) – Brighton, CO
Your primary focus is to develop andexecute strategic and tactical EHS plans to increase risk recognition andreduce injuries/incidents, improve employee health, maintain environmentalcompliance, ensure safe design of plants, and prepare for emergencies.
You will have a solid workingknowledge of occupational safety and industrial hygiene regulations andtechnology. A general knowledge of process safety and environmental regulationsand technology is also necessary. Familiarity with emergency preparedness and response
The priority for expertise needs is:
- Occupational Safety
- Industrial Hygiene
- Environmental regulations and technology
- Process Safety
- Emergency Planning and Response
Formula for Success: You Will…
- Provide strategic direction on EHS matters to the site leadership teams.
- Lead Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) programs (including industrial hygiene and process safety) primarily at Brighton,CO site, but may bedesignated EHS point of contact for multiple small sites on the West Coast.
- Advise site management of compliance concerns.
- Coordinate and conduct exposure monitoring in accordance with the Industrial Hygiene Monitoring Plan, including recordkeeping, results interpretation, recommendation for controls and communication.
- Complete all internal and external EHS reporting.
- Participate in project reviews to identify EHS issues / opportunities.
- Facilitate the sharing of programs, procedures, tools, and successfully demonstrated practices with other EHS professionals.
- Participate on EHS Community work teams or task forces (i.e., inter/intra-Hub expertise and Communities of Practice) including acting as EHS Hub owner for assigned processes.
- Support the interface with regulatory agencies and third parties, as needed, on compliance and enforcement issues.
- Conduct periodic EHS inspections/audits of the facility to ensure compliance with requirements and adherence with EHS programs/standards.
- Support the development and implementation of EHS training programs for new and existing employees, including but not limited to Control of Hazardous Energy – Lockout/Tagout, Confined Space, Hot Work, Fall Protection, Powered Industrial Trucks, Hazard Communication and Emergency Planning & Response.
CreateYour Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASFis the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer tosupport you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF,you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond apaycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirementbenefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you neverstop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Workingfor a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionallyand personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What WeLook For in You…
- BS degree is required with a degreein engineering, technical or science area strongly preferred.
- 5 years or more of demonstrated EHSexperience in a manufacturing environment required (preferably chemicalmanufacturing).
- Strong working knowledge ofEnvironmental, Health & Safety technology and regulations (includingindustrial hygiene) is required.
You May Also Have…
- Professional certifications –Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), Certified Safety Professional (CSP), orAssociate Safety Professional (ASP)
- Working knowledge of process safetyand environmental regulations and technology
- Experience with emergency planningand response in a manufacturing setting
- Chemical manufacturing experience
Job: OCSE - Occupational Safety & Environmental
Organization: NCU-Environment, Health & Safety
Title: EHS Specialist Sr I - Brighton, CO
Requisition ID: 1603472