BASF Night Shift Supervisor - Brighton, CO in Brighton, Colorado
Are you a high achiever looking for an opportunity to directly impact the success of your team and the organization?
Are you passionate about collaborating with world-class colleagues to solve complex challenges?
Do you have a global mindset and a passion for innovation and sustainability?
If this sounds like you, then we want to get to know you...
We are BASF, the world's largest chemical company and the leader in sustainable chemical solutions.
At BASF , we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
This is where you come in.
Where the Chemistry Happens…
With about 5,400 employees in more than 50 countries, the BASF Construction Chemicals division is the leading supplier of chemical systems and formulations for customers from the construction industry.
BASF is seeking a Contact Supervisor to work the Night Shift in the Brighton, CO plant.
Night Shift Contact Supervisor (160344)
You will lead and coordinate the work activities of employees of one shift. Work activities include the manufacture and packaging of product and all supporting administrative functions including training, documentation, program/SOP development and execution, performance reviews and disciplining of employees consistent with company and regulatory policies and procedures. You will also handle special projects or work tasks as required.
Formula for Success: You Will…
- Up to 20 employees on a shift with multi-function responsibilities. Plan tasks, personnel and work activities per shift and lead employees to meet manufacturing goals, maximize efficiencies and minimize operating costs. Coordinate manufacturing and packaging activities to ensure product availability and flow of product mixes to packaging equipment to maximize utilization. This includes the use of SAP to generate process orders and computer software to generate supporting paperwork and labels.
- Support daily production activities on floor to meet goals, including the operation of manufacturing and packaging machines. Contact Supervisor will perform in each position and operate all manufacturing equipment as needed. Supervisor will provide vacation or sick time coverage for mix operators, batch-tenders, leads and other shift supervisors.
- Train employees in manufacturing and packaging work duties. Train mixers and batch-tenders on use of mixing equipment, use of process orders and proper completion of paperwork. Develop and train employees on job task SOPs.
- Troubleshoot manufacturing processes, and manufacturing or packaging equipment to minimize downtime. Perform machine set-ups and minor repairs as required.
- Perform regulatory audits and required duties to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Coordinate housekeeping duties to ensure proper presentation of facility and grounds at all times. Perform hazardous waste technician duties in accordance with Hazardous Waste Policy.
- Handle administrative/supervisory duties including employee discipline, preparing performance reviews, interviewing candidates and purchasing supplies.
- Handle regulatory leadership responsibilities including Emergency Response coordination and waste management protocols. Must be available to respond to after-hours emergencies.
- Perform any other duties or tasks assigned by supervision.
- Follow all appropriate Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) policies.
- Wears prescribed Personal Protective Equipment and ensures that prescribed safeguards are properly used.
- Notifies his/her supervisor before undertaking a work activity in which he/she is not adequately trained.
- Immediately reports unsafe acts or conditions to his/her supervisor and takes immediate interim steps to protect himself/herself and others from serious risk.
- Understands that Safety and Environmental responsibility is a major part of BASF’s Principles. Must report all unsafe conditions and accidents immediately to appropriate manager. Responsible for the safety of themselves and others.
- Must understand and follow all quality initiatives and processes for ISO 9001:2000, ISO 14001:2004 and other ISO regulations, procedures and processes as they pertain to job responsibilities.
- Address and raise the EHS standards at BASF. Maintain focus at all times on environmental, health and safety aspects from planning through execution of tasks assigned. Support applicable Process Safety programs through participation in compliance audits, capital project reviews, regulatory PHAs (revalidations, clean-sheets) and other hazard / risk assessment activities as required or assigned. Ensure the on time completion of Process Safety related mechanical integrity inspections as assigned. Utilize Management of Change (MOC) to assure timely communication and training of process related changes to affected personnel. As required, participate in any process safety related incident investigations and completion of assigned action items in a timely manner. These tasks may be required as dictated by your duties.
- Process safety roles and responsibilities across the organization are clearly-defined and include an expectation to raise, and authority to respond to process safety concerns. Senior leaders are held accountable for process safety performance. Employees understand the importance of process safety as it applies to their jobs and are responsible for following and contributing to the work processes to achieve improvement in company process safety performance.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
- Associate’s Degree in a technical field strongly preferred and a minimum of 4 years of relevant industrial work experience required.
- Minimum of 2 years of lead or supervisor experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment required.
- Experience with SAP and ISO regulations preferred.
- Strong leadership and communication capabilities, knowledgeable in best management practices.
- Strong organizer and planner, customer service focus, strong math skills, good troubleshooter, mechanical aptitude.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: N-EBN-Construction Chemicals North America
Title: Night Shift Supervisor - Brighton, CO
Requisition ID: 1603444