PAE, Inc Law Clerk II in Brooklyn, New York
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Law Clerk II
THIS SCA POSITION PAYS $42.84/HOUR WITH AN ADDITIONAL $4.27 PROVIDED HEALTH AND WELFARE
• Performs complex legal research related to federal financial litigation cases, reviews and analyzes financial litigation documents, creates case related spreadsheets and databases.
• Drafts complaints, motions, interrogatories and monitors district court filings for financial litigation unit (FLU) cases.
• Reviews and analyzes litigant financial documents; works with team members such as the AUSA, FLU and Asset Investigators to determine the litigant’s ability to pay
• Prepares and reviews substantive legal documents relevant to financial litigation; provides litigative case management and assists FLU AUSAs with all phases of litigation including trial prep and trial.
• Provides advice and responds to routine inquiries from the financial litigation unit’s support staff. May offer suggestions to improve workflow processes within the financial litigation unit.
• Must be a US Citizen and able to obtain a government security clearance to include an extensive background investigation.
• Must have law degree or, for some tasks, comparable combination of education and experience may be acceptable.
• Must have at least two to three years of progressively more responsible experience on litigation support projects including proven capabilities and communication skills to successfully interact with clients and attorneys.
• Requires an understanding of financial litigation including the ability to research, gather and review factual litigant financial information.
• Relevant experience in financial analysis and litigation support strongly preferred.
• Requires sound working knowledge of federal and state court systems, legal research procedures, and legal research resources.
• Requires excellent written and oral communication skills and thorough knowledge of legal research tools such as LEXIS and Westlaw.
• Must have hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications, including word processing, databases (such as document review and file management systems), spreadsheets, and imaging.
• Role also requires hands-on familiarity with ESI tools and knowledge of e-discovery procedures and resources.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. PAE’s hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK at http://www.jobs.net/jobs/pae/join
PAE is a leading provider of enduring support for the essential missions of the U.S. government, its allied partners and international organizations. With over 60 years of experience, PAE supports the execution of complex and critical missions by providing global logistics and stability operations, technical services and national security solutions to customers around the world. PAE has a workforce of approximately 15,000 people in over 60 countries on all seven continents and is headquartered in Arlington, VA.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), should you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a currently open position with PAE, please call Recruiting at (703) 656-6064 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with "Disability Assistance" in the subject line.