SAP Major Incident Manager, Managed Cloud Delivery Job in Bucharest, Romania
Requisition ID: 86307
Work Area: Information Technology
Expected Travel: 0 - 30%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
Managed Cloud Delivery runs the SAP Cloud powered by HANA and is responsible for services and support for operations of customer business systems and applications embedded in an international delivery approach.
Beside day to day administration we are part of strategic projects for new technologies as reference for SAP customers.
The Managed Cloud Delivery Team is currently located in Germany, India, Mexico and Hungary and is now expanding its operations and support team to Romania.
MCD has 24/7 responsibility for incidents handling, escalations, problem management and continuous improvement.
For our new MCD location in Bucharest we are looking to build a new team of SAP Technology Consultants to support the SAP Cloud powered by HANA for customers across EMEA.
Read more about SAP HANA here:
Expectations and tasks
As an SAP Senior IT Business Services Consultant you will:
• Work as the responsible Manager on Duty for Service and support of SAP Cloud powered by HANA Customer Landscapes; you will be in direct contact with the customer via phone, email or ticketing system
• Operate SAP technology based system landscapes to achieve ambitious SLA requirements
• Make tactical decisions and take all required actions to restore the broken or degraded service in minimum amount of time
• Involve all required support teams.
• Manage those add-hoc assembled teams to achieve single target in minimum time
• Constantly assess the situation, ask the right questions and trigger people, teams and resources as required.
• Act as single point of contact for all stakeholders involved in issue resolution (e.g. Cloud MoDs, resolver teams, Management etc.).
• Request MCD Management support if required in very critical situations or for short term decisions to be made.
• Analyse distinctively Separate service restoration from root cause analyses.
• Stay calm and focused during escalations and manage potential emotions on the consumer side.
• Work in alignment with the company procedures to ensure an efficient and quality service
• Be responsible for proper documentation, definition of technical operational concepts and guidelines for the implemented SAP landscapes
• Create and implement change request documentation
• Have On-duty availability and work within on-duty periods, which is compensated along local regulations.
Education and knowledge/skills and competencies
• Graduate or Master Degree in Computer or Electronics & Communication Engineering / Computer science / Information Technology systems/ Computer applications / IT Business Systems
• Certification in SAP Basis at professional level is preferred (if not, should be able to complete the certification)
• Knowledge of enterprise-level applications and understanding of Global Delivery model
• 5 years professional experience, out of which minimum 3 years in IT Infrastructure/networking/ functions
• Previous relevant experience in Helpdesk, Support Engineer, Database Administrator or BASIS consultant role
• SAP Basis– Strong Knowledge and Hands on experience of Technical Planning , Installations, Upgrades, Maintenance etc.,
• Technically fluent in Database (Oracle/DB2/SQL Server/MaxDB ) administration, Operating Systems (Unix/Windows/Linux), hardware technologies
• Experience in Performance tuning, Technical reviews and Audits
• Knowledge of High Availability/Disaster Recovery Strategy
• Knowledge of SAP Technologies; e.g. SAP Netweaver or HANA based systems, Solution Manager; BusinessObjects, BusinessObjects Data Services
• Has experience working in a Global/multi-cultural environments.
• ITIL knowledge is desirable.
• Experience in communication with customers and managing expectations
• Ability to confidently communicate with different layers of the management as required.
• Strong customer focus and service minded
• Sense of urgency – fast responder
• Manage complex and highly situational cases
• Strong analytical & problem solving skills.
• Clear and assertive communication.
• Good team player and ability to work effectively in international and virtual teams
• Continually develop SAP solution core skills and business knowledge based on accumulated experience;
• Able to provide knowledge transfer from certain technology areas
• Proactive in learning and highly self-motivated
• Proficiency in written and spoken English
• German is an advantage
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: firstname.lastname@example.org ). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Additional Locations: No Selection