SAP DB Architect for Cloud Operations Job in Budapest, Hungary
Requisition ID: 43555
Work Area: Information Technology
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
SAP: Run Simple - The World's Largest Provider of Enterprise Application Software
The majority of SAP’s cloud offerings are in the SaaS (Software as a Service) layer, SAP has complete suites for SME (Small and Middle size) markets such as SAP Business ByDesign and SAP Business One and line of business extensions for large enterprise. Key application areas covered with SaaS solutions include people, money, customers, and suppliers.
Software as a service, sometimes referred to as "on-demand software," is a software delivery model in which software and associated data are centrally hosted on the cloud. SaaS typically is accessed by users via a web browser.
SaaS Cloud Delivery Budapest is a key location responsible for Operating SAP’s SaaS Cloud Products, precisely leading HCM solution, called SuccessFactors. Team needs to ensure the various Productive landscapes are running well for European Customers along with global.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
• Lead database consolidation and environment optimization efforts and guide other teams on these efforts
• Lead database capacity planning and maintain DB hosting/utilization related metrics
• Participate in and support design reviews and code walk throughs to ensure high quality deliverables.
• Cooperate closely and lead with the project teams to produce realistic effort estimates, ensuring task completion within estimates, identifying and communicating variances as early as possible.
• Interface with upstream system architects, developers and program managers to resolve data issues and drive capture of data needed by business customers.
• Conducts PoC on new Database platforms (SAP HANA), technology and tools in collaboration with Data/Product/Infrastructure Architecture and Database Services Groups
• Enable DevOps (Continous Integration/Continous Deployment) through common database deployment, automation and lifecycle management
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• BSc or MS in Software Engineering or Computer Sciences
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills also in English
• Strong customer focus, highly motivated and flexible
• Proactive attitude, team player
• 8 years of related responsible experience working with large and complex data warehouse systems with hands-on data architecture experience
• 8 years of experience designing and writing PL/SQL for Oracle databases
• 8 years of hands-on experience in database and SQL performance tuning
• 5 years of experience with full application development lifecycle (analysis, architecture, design, development, testing and deployment)
• 5 years of experience working with multiple RDBMS and associated applications
• 3 years of experience in-depth knowledge of one or more data modeling tools
• Experience with the design and optimization of data models, queries, views to support data processing and reporting requirements
• Experience with Shell/Perl/Python scripting in Unix or Linux environment
• Experience with the design and optimization of data models, queries, views to support data processing and reporting requirements.
• Experience with agile software development is a plus
• Experience in Big data technologies is a plus
AT SAP YOU CAN
• Deep dive into the technology
• Get to know the World largest business Cloud provider’ portfolio
• Deal with Cutting-Edge Technologies
• Join a highly engaged team
• Share your opinion and improvement ideas because we are listening to you
• Work in a people-oriented, open and friendly community
• Get excellent working conditions in a beautiful working environment
• And not at least enjoy the sporty life of SAP
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to HR Direct (Americas: firstname.lastname@example.org , APJ: email@example.com , EMEA: firstname.lastname@example.org ). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Additional Locations: No Selection