SAP Senior Operations Engineer (Windows/IIS/.NET) for Cloud Operations Job in Budapest, Hungary
Requisition ID: 125659
Work Area: Information Technology
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
SAP: Run Simple - The World's Largest Provider of Enterprise Application Software
The majority of SAP’s cloud offerings are in the SaaS (Software as a Service) layer, SAP has complete suites for SME (Small and Middle size) markets such as SAP Business ByDesign and SAP Business One and line of business extensions for large enterprise. Key application areas covered with SaaS solutions include people, money, customers, and suppliers.
Software as a service, sometimes referred to as "on-demand software," is a software delivery model in which software and associated data are centrally hosted on the cloud. SaaS typically is accessed by users via a web browser.
SaaS Cloud Delivery Budapest is a key location responsible for Operating SAP’s SaaS Cloud Products, precisely leading HCM solution, called SuccessFactors. Team needs to ensure the various Productive landscapes are running well for European Customers along with global.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
• Ability to quickly understand and articulate new product technical requirements.
• Drive Operational efficiency topics.
• Own, Lead and coordinate operational tasks, customer escalations, process improvements.
• Working closely with Internal/External Stakeholders, Development Architects/Managers and developers, across locations, to ensure timely delivery.
• Participate and contribute towards organization’s goals and objectives, collaborating with multiple teams and solutions.
• Experience and exposure to Cloud Operations is advantage.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• BSc or MSc in Software Engineering or Computer Sciences
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills also in English
• Proactive attitude
• Team player
• Must be fluent in English
• Certification Preferred: MCSA/CCNA
• Deep knowledge of Windows Server 2008 / 2008 R2 / 2012 / 2012 R2
• Deep knowledge of Windows Clustering for SQL Server
• Deep knowledge of Active Directory / Schema extensions / Group Policy Administration including writing own ADMX
• Ability to design monitoring solutions for Windows and Linux
• Knowledge of Scripting languages (Powershell == must, VBScript == nice to have, Ruby == nice to have)
• Knowledge of orchestration / automation tools like Chef or Puppet
• Storage knowledge (EMC, Netapp) and technologies like multipathing / fibrechannel / iscsi
• Full understanding of DNS on Windows and Linux. Building the infrastructure / troubleshooting etc.
• Knowledge of Cisco UCS
• Knowledge of standard virtualization tools like VMWare / Xen and HyperV
• Basic knowledge of linux operating systems (Suse Linux 11 and 12).
• Able to create and analyze network traces (knowledge of the networking protocols like tcp/ip, dns, cifs ….)
• Microsoft MCSE Certification
• Nice to have: knowledge on Openstack and Docker
• 5 - 10 years of overall software support/operations experience, with a successful delivery track record.
• Strong Windows background
• Should have had delivery ownership roles
• Experience of working in large landscape/environment where .NET applications are running
• Good understanding of operational framework like ITIL/ITSM. Operations process knowledge is an advantage
• Should have experience in working with global teams and strong communication skills
• DevOps experience a strong plus
• Background in .NET application development and/or triage and troubleshooting desired!
AT SAP YOU CAN
• Deep dive into the technology
• Get to know the World largest business Cloud provider’ portfolio
• Deal with Cutting-Edge Technologies
• Join a highly engaged team
• Share your opinion and improvement ideas because we are listening to you
• Work in a people-oriented, open and friendly community
• Get excellent working conditions in a beautiful working environment
• And not at least enjoy the sporty life of SAP
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: Careers@sap.com ). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Additional Locations: No Selection