Citi Assoc C&C Mgmt Analyst1 in Buffalo, New York
Primary Location: United States,New York,Buffalo
Education: High School Diploma/GED
Job Function: Operations
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 16063733
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition at http://www.citigroup.com/citi/about/mission-and-value-proposition.html explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards at http://www.citigroup.com/citi/about/leadership-standards.html explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
The Global Margin Group supports a variety of business units and manage collateral requirements for counterparty exposures. The group generates daily margin calls, reconciles portfolio discrepancies, confirms collateral movement, fails management, and reporting. This role will be in the Cross Product Margin utility covering multiple asset classes.
• Manage trade cycle including settlements and various life cycle transactions
• Manage collateral process including tracking of existing collateral held and instruction of new collateral pledged or received
• Reconcile and transact daily margin movements with various counterparties and custodian banks
• Management of outstanding trade and reconciliation breaks
• Assist in new account on-boarding with both internal and external business partners and clients
• Provide reporting of collateral and exposures
• Monitor and implement changes in regulatory and market practices.
• Perform reporting and risk mitigation processes to meet regulatory requirements
• Ensure suitable procedures and controls for all processes
• Communicate with various parties such as counterparties and custodians to follow-up on collateral related matters
• Conduct analysis that will help identify opportunities to more efficiently and effectively manage margin processes.
• Perform reporting and risk mitigation processes to meet regulatory requirements.
• Advanced computer skills, expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel preferred.
• Ability to manage high volumes and sensitive clients efficiently
• Excellent organizational skills and inbox management
• Meticulous and deadline oriented
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to multi-task
• Ability to learn quickly in a fast paced environment and manage responsibilities efficiently in time pressures situations
• Driven individual willing to take ownership of complex issues
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills, including strong verbal and written communications skill and the ability to effectively convey information and message
• Customer oriented (internal and external) with a commitment to quality
• Knowledge of capital markets and collateral is a plus.
• Ability to work and achieve results with stakeholders
• Flexible with a sense of urgency