Columbia Sportswear Company SOREL Part Time Sales Associate - Burlington, MA in Burlington, Massachusetts
SOREL Part Time Sales Associate - Burlington, MA
United States, Massachusetts, Burlington
100000JO Requisition #
2 hours ago Post Date
General Position Summary:
The Sales Associate position drives sales ofcompanyproduct through providing exceptional customer service and creating a positive customer experience. TheSales Associate assists the store leadership team in supporting our company mission: Connecting Active People With Their Passions.”
- Utilize sales skills and techniques, as well as exceptional customer service, to drive store sales.
- Perform all required cash register transactions such as sales and exchanges expeditiously and with a high level of accuracy, while staying within company guidelines.
- Support and contribute to the product flow process in the store by receiving shipments and distributing to sales floor as directed.
- Ensure all visual standards are followed. This includes maintaining merchandising guidelines, restocking daily or as needed and ensuring complete size runs are represented.
- Assist in other store functions as needed.
Compete To Win
- Greet and engage customers in the store.
- Provide information to customers on current product features and benefits.
- Maintain current and accurate knowledge of product features, benefits and availability.
- Maintain cleanliness and safety standards in the store by organizing and cleaning as needed.
Doing the Right Thing
- Provide exceptional customer service/assistance both in person and on the phone.
- Maintain a high professional standard in individual behavior, courtesy and respect.
- Demonstrates the ability to work in and contribute to a positive to positive team environment and maintains a high professional standard in individual behavior.
- Maintain positive open lines of communication with all Columbia Sportswear Company management, staff and other team members in order to contribute to the smooth flow of information and efficient operation of the organization.
- Contribute to establishing a repeat customer base through developing customer relationships.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Job has some variety in terms of customer contact and needs.
- Incumbent follows well- established store practices and procedures.
- Duties are performed with specific directions and goals and work is checked or verified visually and by results.
- Decisions are made within specific store policy constraints and are overseen by a member of store management.
- Works under general supervision with detailed instructions provided for new work.
- Applies basic support or technical skills.
- Contacts are made with others both inside and outside the organization.
- Internal contacts frequently include the Store Manager, Assistant Manager(s), Supervisor(s) and other store staff.
- External contacts regularly include customers and may occasionally include vendors.
- No supervisory responsibilities.
Specific Job Skills:
- Ability to conduct interpersonal interactions with customers and other company personnel.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and contribute to the smooth operation of the store.
- Must be able to utilize sales and customer service techniques.
- Ability to model positive customer service skills at all times.
- Resolve routine questions and tasks, and seeks guidance on non-routine questions. Impact is limited to the accuracy of tasks and the maintenance of an exceptional customer experience.
- Basic math and organizational skills required.
- Skills in operating a POS system required.
- Must be willing to work within established company guidelines.
- Physical requirements include the ability to use telephone, computerized systems; perform repetitive movements of the arms and shoulders, stand for extended periods of time up to 8 hours per day, move freely around store, bend, twist, reach, squat, climb a ladder and regularly lift/carry up to 40 pounds.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous retail sales experience and/or experience working in a customer service environment is strongly preferred.
- Job may require hours that often exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week during peak periods.
- Available to work retail store schedule – Sunday to Saturday.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.